Child PR Card

Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child PR Card

Hi

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If officer at the port of entry want to be strict then baby may be refused admission as visitor of course. It rarely happens with US passport holders, but it happens.

Baby may remain in Canada (if admitted as visitor) but sponsorship has to be filed through from abroad route.
Or Humanitarian and Compassionate in Canada.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but it is too long process and no good reason for H&C anyway.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Or Humanitarian and Compassionate in Canada.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

njdude26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Baby may remain in Canada (if admitted as visitor) but sponsorship has to be filed through from abroad route.
Im not sure i understand this. abroad route meaning what ?
From the link below what do i choose ? the home country of my birth ? or US or Canadian Consulate ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...fc.html#region
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:31 am

If baby is only a US citizen then Buffalo. If baby is also a citizen of the parent's country of nationality then Canadian visa post in that country is an option too.

Originally Posted by njdude26
Im not sure i understand this. abroad route meaning what ?
From the link below what do i choose ? the home country of my birth ? or US or Canadian Consulate ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...fc.html#region
Old Aug 29th 2006, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

If baby is only a US citizen then Buffalo. If baby is also a citizen of the parent's country of nationality then Canadian visa post in that country is an option too.
Also im not understanding why i need to be physically present in Canada to apply for residency. In the sponsorship application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5540E.PDF

They ask if im residing or not. if im not residing they ask for intention to reestabilish in canada ( job offer etc..) i have a job offer from the same company that i work here.

Am i reading this wrong ?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 3:36 pm

Only Canadian citizens may sponsor their spouses or common-law partners and their children while living ouutside Canada. Canadian PR must reside in Canada and be able to document it to be able to sponsor anyone.

Also im not understanding why i need to be physically present in Canada to apply for residency. In the sponsorship application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5540E.PDF

They ask if im residing or not. if im not residing they ask for intention to reestabilish in canada ( job offer etc..) i have a job offer from the same company that i work here.

Am i reading this wrong ?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Child PR Card. Mr Miller Please clarify

Only Canadian citizens may sponsor their spouses or common-law partners and their children while living ouutside Canada. Canadian PR must reside in Canada and be able to document it to be able to sponsor anyone.
Andrew I called the CIC 1-888-242-2100.
They informed me that I dont need to be in Canada for the first part of the application process which takes around 53 days to complete. The agent told me that I can file the application while outside Canada but in the 2nd stage of the process I will have to be inside canada and show them that i have a job or house etc. after the 2nd stage they will mail me the landing documents for my baby. At that time either she has to cross the border and go to US or go outside the country somehow and come back in.
Please clarify ....
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Also I see this in the

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf

Is this the 2nd step that the agent was talking about ?

Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively
outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time
their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become
permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one
or more of the following:
· letter from an employer;
· letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
· proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
· reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Im Calling them again to confirm. Just want to make sure the lady was not and
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/you...tion11.html#14

Can I sponsor my family members if I live outside Canada?

If you are a Canadian citizen living abroad, you may sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children with no dependent children of their own, provided you will return to live in Canada once your family members become permanent residents.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:20 am

Never rely on answers from Call Centre - phone agents are not immigration officers and often provide wrong and/or misleading answers.

As a PR you must be living in Canada in order to be eligible to sponsor anyone, period.

Im Calling them again to confirm. Just want to make sure the lady was not and
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Never rely on answers from Call Centre - phone agents are not immigration officers and often provide wrong and/or misleading answers.

As a PR you must be living in Canada in order to be eligible to sponsor anyone, period.
Ok I obviously trust u more than the agent