Chicken and egg work permit help

Old Jan 6th 2020, 8:00 pm
Living the dream 👌

Splitvw2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Chicken and egg work permit help

I was hoping to be coming over on an inter company transfer but unfortunately this has been stopped due to the company I want to transfer with being out of funds for this financial year. My question is can I apply for a work permit if the company give me a letter of offer? (The guy I was meant to be working for wants me now as he has been unable to recruit in Canada but without the permit I can’t enter the country and work for the company) Or does the firm have to apply for the permit. Sorry if I’m asking an already answered question. I’ve looked through the gov sites and pnp and all seem to depend on having a work permit first? I’m an engineer with 30 years experience (Royal Navy and civilian) unfortunately all that experience gives me 0 CRS points due to my age My partner (12 years common law) is a senior care worker also with many years sales (radio advertising) experience so unfortunately wouldn’t get as many points as me if we applied in her name. I have an uncle & aunt plus cousin with Canadian husband all with PR living On Vancouver Island. Any advise to enable us to achieve our dream would be appreciated.
Old Jan 6th 2020, 8:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicken and egg work permit help

Originally Posted by Splitvw2
I was hoping to be coming over on an inter company transfer but unfortunately this has been stopped due to the company I want to transfer with being out of funds for this financial year. My question is can I apply for a work permit if the company give me a letter of offer? (The guy I was meant to be working for wants me now as he has been unable to recruit in Canada but without the permit I can’t enter the country and work for the company) Or does the firm have to apply for the permit. Sorry if I’m asking an already answered question. I’ve looked through the gov sites and pnp and all seem to depend on having a work permit first? I’m an engineer with 30 years experience (Royal Navy and civilian) unfortunately all that experience gives me 0 CRS points due to my age My partner (12 years common law) is a senior care worker also with many years sales (radio advertising) experience so unfortunately wouldn’t get as many points as me if we applied in her name. I have an uncle & aunt plus cousin with Canadian husband all with PR living On Vancouver Island. Any advise to enable us to achieve our dream would be appreciated.
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you.

The company would have to apply for an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) and prove that there is nobody in Canada (PR or Citizen) who can do the job.. it's not a quick process normally.

PNP can be based on a job offer - depending on the Province and the job - which if approved by the Province for nomination, gives a temporary work permit support letter, which you can use to obtain a work permit (at the port of entry) while your PR application is going through.

More to read here: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration
What is the job - and what is the Province? Some are easier than others to qualify for
Old Jan 7th 2020, 8:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping to be coming over on an inter company transfer but unfortunately this has been stopped due to the company I want to transfer with being out of funds for this financial year.
Can you not offer to relocate yourself if this is your dream? They don't have to pay for your flights etc, then it'll only cost them $150!

IMy question is can I apply for a work permit if the company give me a letter of offer? (The guy I was meant to be working for wants me now as he has been unable to recruit in Canada but without the permit I can’t enter the country and work for the company)
No, as Siouxie has said above, you need both the job offer but also a LMIA. That costs $1000, so if the company is out of funds that won't work. The big advantage of the intra-company transfer TWP is that no LMIA is required so much cheaper for the company.

I’ve looked through the gov sites and pnp and all seem to depend on having a work permit first?
No, they don't - although most PNP's do require a job offer, but you get the permit from the PNP after applying. Siouxie's questions are key here, which province and exactly what occupation?

unfortunately all that experience gives me 0 CRS points due to my age
You can't possibly get 0 CRS points! What is your total, and what is your partner's total too?
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old Aug 26th 2020, 7:08 pm
Living the dream 👌

Talking Re: Chicken and egg work permit help

Well things have changed. The firm contacted me in February and I accepted a job offer so all things were turned back on their heads in a good way..... but then COVID so still sat here waiting for some movement on opening the borders 😢 I was old today that work permits are taking 6 weeks plus 😢 So maybe we will get to Victoria, BC by November 😢 Just a waiting game on when to put my notice in here.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 7:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Well things have changed. The firm contacted me in February and I accepted a job offer so all things were turned back on their heads in a good way..... but then COVID so still sat here waiting for some movement on opening the borders 😢 I was old today that work permits are taking 6 weeks plus 😢 So maybe we will get to Victoria, BC by November 😢 Just a waiting game on when to put my notice in here.
Congrats on the job offer. 6 weeks is quite quick, it’s normally around 8-10 weeks so it’s actually sped up!

Have you got the LMIA already?
Old Aug 26th 2020, 7:42 pm
Living the dream 👌

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Congrats on the job offer. 6 weeks is quite quick, it’s normally around 8-10 weeks so it’s actually sped up!

Have you got the LMIA already?
😢😢 8 - 10 weeks 😢😢 It has taken a year to get this far so another couple of months won’t hurt ☹️ just want to get over and start our next chapter.

I am coming on a company transfer so LMAI is not required 👍
Old Aug 26th 2020, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

😢😢 8 - 10 weeks 😢😢 It has taken a year to get this far so another couple of months won’t hurt ☹️ just want to get over and start our next chapter.

I am coming on a company transfer so LMAI is not required 👍
Ah, fab. So the original company changed their mind? That’s really good. Why do you need to give your notice in though, if it’s the same company?

If processing times have dropped to 6 weeks then assume that’ll be the case. I’ve not checked it recently but I guess there are just less people applying now due to Covid.

Which category of ICT are you applying under? Do make sure you supply all required documents as per this link to avoid any delays - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra...ransfer-Canada

Best of luck.

Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:30 pm
Living the dream 👌

Ah, fab. So the original company changed their mind? That’s really good. Why do you need to give your notice in though, if it’s the same company?

If processing times have dropped to 6 weeks then assume that’ll be the case. I’ve not checked it recently but I guess there are just less people applying now due to Covid.

Which category of ICT are you applying under? Do make sure you supply all required documents as per this link to avoid any delays -

Best of luck.
Well everything has happened quickly. Work permit was submitted, we had to then travel to London for Biometrics, 8 hours on trains for an 8 min appointment lol, the work permit came through in a week 😮😮😮😮 so we are now flying out on the 9th November 😮😮
Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well everything has happened quickly. Work permit was submitted, we had to then travel to London for Biometrics, 8 hours on trains for an 8 min appointment lol, the work permit came through in a week 😮😮😮😮 so we are now flying out on the 9th November 😮😮
Fab, congrats! (just to be pedantic though, your work permit hasn't come through, you don't get it until you arrive in Canada. )
Old Oct 28th 2020, 10:52 pm
Living the dream 👌

Thumbs up Re: Chicken and egg work permit help

Fab, congrats! (just to be pedantic though, your work permit hasn't come through, you don't get it until you arrive in Canada. )
Haha yes, border force interview and then issued 🤞🏻
Old Nov 13th 2020, 9:26 pm
Living the dream 👌

So all good sat in self isolation loving life, apparently “well border force officer said” my partners spousal open work permit wasn’t issued due to COVID so until she gets a job offer she is on a visitor certificate, just happy to be finally in country. Thanks to all who have offered advice.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:37 am
Living the dream 👌

Smile Re: Chicken and egg work permit help

Ok so we are here YaY thanks for the advice. We arrived on 9th Nov, did our self isolation, sorted a rental, bought a car, started my job, got little man into school and are now waiting for our very delayed household effects but life is really good, we are loving life and looking forward to the relaxing of restrictions and the summer.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 6:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok so we are here YaY thanks for the advice. We arrived on 9th Nov, did our self isolation, sorted a rental, bought a car, started my job, got little man into school and are now waiting for our very delayed household effects but life is really good, we are loving life and looking forward to the relaxing of restrictions and the summer.
Congrats!
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

So all good sat in self isolation loving life, apparently “well border force officer said” my partners spousal open work permit wasn’t issued due to COVID so until she gets a job offer she is on a visitor certificate, just happy to be finally in country. Thanks to all who have offered advice.
She can apply for the Spousal Open Work permit online - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/a...&q2_options=2d

Congrats on getting sorted and your new lives started!

Don't delay applying for Permanent Residence if you want to stay.. as soon as you qualify, go for it!
(perhaps this way - non Express Entry) https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...Skilled-Worker