chest x ray question

Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:32 am
Just Joined

runningclaire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default chest x ray question

Can anyone tell me please, the procedure when asked for further chest x rays. I had my chest x ray done ten days ago, and was called by the doctor who did my medical exam to say old scarring was showing on my lungs, probably TB,( she said I may have been exposed to TB as a child). I was rather taken aback and did not listen properly to the rest of what she told me other than that I would be contacted to have further x rays. I have researched this forum quite a bit, but dont seem to be able to find time scales or how many visits to the x ray dept are required.
Thank you in advance for any info anyone can give me.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chest x ray question

I think if you look in the immigration section there are quite a few posts about it, I seem to remember it was a 3 month wait and sputum tests, and failing that a 6 month wait for new x-rays?? Not speaking from experience though so you'd better check it out!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by runningclaire
Can anyone tell me please, the procedure when asked for further chest x rays. I had my chest x ray done ten days ago, and was called by the doctor who did my medical exam to say old scarring was showing on my lungs, probably TB,( she said I may have been exposed to TB as a child). I was rather taken aback and did not listen properly to the rest of what she told me other than that I would be contacted to have further x rays. I have researched this forum quite a bit, but dont seem to be able to find time scales or how many visits to the x ray dept are required.
Thank you in advance for any info anyone can give me.
1. You will get a sealed letter from the Immigration Regional Medical Centre, called a medical furtherance, which you are to take to the DMP.
2. It probably request a sputum test, which takes 6-8 weeks to culture and then you have another x-ray.
3. It may not be TB, it could be a scar if you had pneumonia or it could be a bad x-ray.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:06 am
Just Joined

runningclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies