Checking progress of Citizenship

Old Feb 9th 2023, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all
Default Checking progress of Citizenship

After living in Canada with PR for 15 years, I applied for citizenship last March 2022.
I’ve only got as far as the security check marked as complete in the progress checker. (I’m over 55, so I don’t even need to sit the test.)
My friend applied in April and has already completed everything but the ceremony.
another acquaintance applied in May and just did their ceremony yesterday.
Does anyone know how I can contact someone to discuss my application, as I have a feeling it’s stuck on someone’s desk.
thanks,
Kenny
Old Feb 9th 2023, 6:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking progress of Citizenship

You can send a case specific email but as you’re well within the published processing time of 23 months I’m not sure it will help at all. Sounds like your friends cases are just anomalies tbh, and yours is the norm.

Hope you hear soon.
Old Feb 9th 2023, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

same for us applied last march and so far only background check updated my daughter took her test and passed four months ago we are over the age for testing hoping we hear something soon
Old Feb 17th 2023, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, my husband and I applied in October 2021, he got his citizenship in December last year, I'm still waiting for my invitation to take the citizenship test!
Old Feb 21st 2023, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice

im really suprised your husband got his and you didnt yet you would have thought your application would have been finalized at the same time we applied to renew our PR cards while we are waiting and thats a whole other story of waiting and mishaps using the online system
Old Mar 20th 2023, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Not been here for a while but hoping to hear thoughts on citizenship application timelines.
My adult son applied online for citizenship in April 2022. His application is showing as received but he has yet to receive AOR.
Is this considered unusual?
I have been looking on other forums and I know the timeline can vary massively but this seems like a long time.
any thoughts would be welcome!

Old Apr 9th 2023, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peeshpie
Hello,

Not been here for a while but hoping to hear thoughts on citizenship application timelines.
My adult son applied online for citizenship in April 2022. His application is showing as received but he has yet to receive AOR.
Is this considered unusual?
I have been looking on other forums and I know the timeline can vary massively but this seems like a long time.
any thoughts would be welcome!
I never received AOR, I became a citizen last year. My app was physically received by the office in Sept 2020, didn’t show received until Jan 2021 and nothing really happened until late 2021 when I had to take my test.

Old Apr 11th 2023, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

we submitted citizenship last march and recieved AOR shortly after i would have expected to have recieved it now if i was your son ,the whole process seems to be a bit of a mess right now i submitted my pr card renewal in december and we leave for vacation in a months time i have sent emails and called its very frustrating not being able to physically speak to someone who can give just an update my daughter just went on vacation with an expired card because she was in the same situation
Old Apr 11th 2023, 1:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by puggirl
we submitted citizenship last march and recieved AOR shortly after i would have expected to have recieved it now if i was your son ,the whole process seems to be a bit of a mess right now i submitted my pr card renewal in december and we leave for vacation in a months time i have sent emails and called its very frustrating not being able to physically speak to someone who can give just an update my daughter just went on vacation with an expired card because she was in the same situation
It's actually much quicker now than it has been in the past. Has your daughter gone abroad? If so, presumably she knows she needs a PRTD to come back to Canada?
Old Apr 11th 2023, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

hi she brought a ticket to fly to the states which was leaving after her original flight but she thought she would try to get on her original one see what happened and she was able to fly to canada when she arrived in canada she had copies of her applications for citizenship and pr renewal to prove she had applied for the pr renewal well withing the 60 days processing they were very nice and just took her expired card and let her through thankfully
Old Apr 11th 2023, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

hi she brought a ticket to fly to the states which was leaving after her original flight but she thought she would try to get on her original one see what happened and she was able to fly to canada when she arrived in canada she had copies of her applications for citizenship and pr renewal to prove she had applied for the pr renewal well withing the 60 days processing they were very nice and just took her expired card and let her through thankfully
Blimey, she was very lucky. It's not the border officers that are an issue, they would let her in, it's the airlines that normally would refuse her boarding. If they'd been caught letting her on the plane with an expired PR card, they'd have been subject to a hefty fine so most airlines won't even consider risking it.

Glad she made it back though!
Old Apr 11th 2023, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

thanks very stressfull end to the holiday i think she was lucky because she was coming from a holiday destination down south and they were very young workers and very disorganized we were able to cancel the US flight and got a full refund as well so double bonus i just sent a case specific for my application so fingers crossed we get some good news
Old Apr 11th 2023, 5:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thanks very stressfull end to the holiday i think she was lucky because she was coming from a holiday destination down south and they were very young workers and very disorganized we were able to cancel the US flight and got a full refund as well so double bonus i just sent a case specific for my application so fingers crossed we get some good news
Fingers crossed, good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2023, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

thankyou
Old Apr 14th 2023, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

We just received notice that we are scheduled for the online ceremony next month. Quite surprised really as we only applied last year in September so super quick and easy as we didn't need to take test and i assume no need for interview either. My thoughts are that our case files were straightforward and no extra checking was required. Since landing we both had same address, same job, no name changes, no gender changes, same everything really and never been outside the country for extended times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.