Checked my status on ECAS

Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Checked my status on ECAS

I checked my status on ECAS this morning like I do every day lol,today it had that 4th line there,
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Thats been pretty fast I reckon,I only applied for BOWP online yesterday too lol.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 9:25 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checked my status on ECAS

Originally Posted by scootb
I checked my status on ECAS this morning like I do every day lol,today it had that 4th line there,
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Thats been pretty fast I reckon,I only applied for BOWP online yesterday too lol.
From your timeline it looks like you will be getting your COPR within a week or so - hopefully before your BOWP is processed (meaning you will get a refund).

Congrats!!

Old Mar 25th 2015, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
I am so glad that its almost over lol,hoping that we get the COPR before good Friday so I don't have to take any more time off work.
Gonna call CIC today and ask them about it.
I hear that the BOWP processing time is now up at 53 days for online applications,I hope the COPR doesn't take that long lol.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Positive decision according to CIC on the phone this morning
Old Mar 25th 2015, 5:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Positive decision according to CIC on the phone this morning
Old Mar 25th 2015, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bloody good timing,the missus has been sick the past few weeks,we thought it was a virus but today we bought a pregnancy tester.
It looks like we are gonna have a little Canadian with us next christmas,not sure if thats good or bad yet lol.
Gonna take the missus to the doctors tomorrow and get her double checked to be sure.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 9:50 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Bloody good timing,the missus has been sick the past few weeks,we thought it was a virus but today we bought a pregnancy tester.
It looks like we are gonna have a little Canadian with us next christmas,not sure if thats good or bad yet lol.
Gonna take the missus to the doctors tomorrow and get her double checked to be sure.
Congratulations, very exciting times ahead for you guys
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats buddy
Old Mar 26th 2015, 3:18 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on COPR and the baby
Old Mar 26th 2015, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys,I was in a state of shock for most of today lol,but its had time to sink in now and I've accepted it(as if I had a choice lol)
I guess it is just something else to look forward to lol.

The missus suffered from hyperemisis with the other 3 kids,and that is what I thought was happening again,at least I know from research during the previous pregnancies that it is an illness that is more known and understood in America than in the UK.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The missus suffered from hyperemisis with the other 3 kids,and that is what I thought was happening again,at least I know from research during the previous pregnancies that it is an illness that is more known and understood in America than in the UK.
I think it will depend on individual doctors, my experience is the opposite. We were in California when I was first pregnant with my daughter and despite seeing 2 doctors, they both told me it was 'normal' morning sickness. As soon as I returned to the UK I went to see my GP and was admitted to hospital with HG immediately. With the 'Kate effect' it's more well known than ever in the UK.

Congrats on the news, and fingers crossed your wife doesn't suffer from HG this time around (I didn't with my 2nd). It's truly debilitating.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think it will depend on individual doctors, my experience is the opposite. We were in California when I was first pregnant with my daughter and despite seeing 2 doctors, they both told me it was 'normal' morning sickness. As soon as I returned to the UK I went to see my GP and was admitted to hospital with HG immediately. With the 'Kate effect' it's more well known than ever in the UK.

Congrats on the news, and fingers crossed your wife doesn't suffer from HG this time around (I didn't with my 2nd). It's truly debilitating.
As soon as I mentioned it to even the receptionist today she knew what I was talking about,the doctor has given her a script for pills to stop the sickness.
In the UK the doctor simply said it was bad morning sickness,the hospital eventually told us it was HG and that was it,I had to research it all myself,no leaflets,no advice,nothing!
The missus has had HG with the previous 3 pregnancies,it was a nightmare taking time off work to take her to hospital all the time,she would be kept in for 5 days on a drip,out for 2 sicker than a dog,back in for 5 on the drip again from month 2-8 it was truly exhausting for us both.
It didn't help that her family are worse than useless,and my mother died in '97 so we never really had much in the way of help or babysitters.

Luckily for us I am in a workers union so I get all medication expenses refunded.

Most people look at you funny when you try to explain what HG is to them lol,its good to see that someone else has been through it and understands just how much of a toll it can take!!
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

q
Most people look at you funny when you try to explain what HG is to them lol,its good to see that someone else has been through it and understands just how much of a toll it can take!!
Oh God yes! I can't imagine how she coped when she had it with her 2nd and 3rd, at least I only had it with my first so I could just lie on the sofa (in-between hospital visits) with a bucket. Being sick 30 or 40 times a day is hard enough without throwing a toddler in to the mix, so I take my hat off to her for managing that!

she's better this time around, I really hope so.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

We just picked up some Diclectin from the pharmacy,I know it takes a few days to kick in,it is a drug that we never got offered in the UK so fingers crossed it works,if not its back to the doctors lol.

After going through all of this and seeing the toll it takes I have nothing but respect and sympathy for anyone or their partner that goes through HG!
The women don't understand the effect someone being sick next to them has,and us guys usually don't understand why you can't just get up and go be sick in toilet lol.

I got into the mindset where I thought if hearing,smelling,seeing her being so sick made me feel ill,then surely she was feeling 100x worse than I was lol.
Old Mar 28th 2015, 3:33 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

COPR arrived in the mail this morning, asked my supervisor for the afternoon off and went for some shopping and lunch in Bellingham and landed on our way back at the Peace Arch Crossing. Easy, smooth and quick process. Really nice CBSA officer did out paperwork and congratulated us on becoming permanent residences, wished us well and have us a little canadian flag each. So we are both very happy to now be permanent residents.

Hopefully you get your COPR soon Scootb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.