CHC Singapore Applicants

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

architeutus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CHC Singapore Applicants

Thanks, afzalulh and Joyce. Sorry, Joyce, after careful thinking we decided that Toronto should offer more job opportunities. After all, we're going to Canada to live, and not holidaying, and no matter how much I love BC, we still have to take the safer route.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

I got my visa today!!!!!!! Finally, after exactly 1500 torturous days, my journey has concluded and another much sweeter one is about to begin. Thanks to all my CHC Singapore pals, especially Minimour, Nginsing and afzalulh, who have given me their valuable support and advice.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

minimour is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Dan, what a long long wait but isnt it worth it?
Sigh! Wish I could see how your pp look like now to put an end to all imagination...Now my turn to dream every night

BTW how long did they take to process this once you handed in your PP? Also, are extra photos required? Was thinking perhaps I can speed up things by taking photos first and sending them to my bro in SG.

Still firm about going to Toronto ?? (just trying my luck hehe...)
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Joyce, the stamping part was quite fast, only took 8 days (working & non-working) in all. They just required 5 passport sized photos, and you must write your name behind one of them.

Yup, still going to TO, why don't you join Nginsing and your truly? huhuhehehaha
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi Architeutus & Afzalulh

Its been a while since we've touched base. Just wanted to check out how you guys are doing. I think you must all been busy settling down, house/ job hunting? How was landing in Toronto, Dan? Which part of TO are you in?

I am in for record breaking as its been 1514 days in my processing time and I have yet to get PPR. I submitted all my stuff in Jan and after I emailed them in April, they wrote back to tell me they have only sent out my security clearance in Feb and it takes normally 3-6 mths I almost wanted to die from this reply....Now, the negativity in building so much so that I am envisioning (hallucinating, I mean) I might not even get PPR this year and have to do my meds after it expires in Dec 08!

Sigh! Just wanted to write to vent a bit...hope Canada is everything you guys have dreamt about and that you can settle down quick and well
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by minimour
Hi Architeutus & Afzalulh

Its been a while since we've touched base. Just wanted to check out how you guys are doing. I think you must all been busy settling down, house/ job hunting? How was landing in Toronto, Dan? Which part of TO are you in?

I am in for record breaking as its been 1514 days in my processing time and I have yet to get PPR. I submitted all my stuff in Jan and after I emailed them in April, they wrote back to tell me they have only sent out my security clearance in Feb and it takes normally 3-6 mths I almost wanted to die from this reply....Now, the negativity in building so much so that I am envisioning (hallucinating, I mean) I might not even get PPR this year and have to do my meds after it expires in Dec 08!

Sigh! Just wanted to write to vent a bit...hope Canada is everything you guys have dreamt about and that you can settle down quick and well
We got our Work permit in January this year in singapore CHC.My hubby started his work the same month in Alberta.I was waiting for my son to complete his exams in May.Menwhile my hubby applied for PNP route for PR and will U believe.we applied in April, via the PNP route and got our PR in May.singapore is very efficient and fast I must say.we are all in Canada now and plan to activate our PR soon.I am sure U will get yrs soon.PNP route is very very fast.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 12:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks Chits for your inputs. I guess its way too late for me to think about other routes (like PNP) for speedier application since I have submitted this Skilled Worker applic in 2004. Its the "final" leg of the wait but these final months have been really excruciating. We thought once we submitted the final set of docs (health check, police checks, landing fee etc.), it would just be a 3 mths max wait but it has been almost 6 mths and other than an email to say we need to wait for security checks, there hasn't been a wind of anything else. I was guessing the long security check might have to do with the fact that we (hubby and me) both needed 3 countries check.

Wow, I cannot believe how fast the PNP route is. I am totally baffled by the enormous difference in processing time. BTW, which industry is your husband in? Mine works in the IT industry specifically in security and network area. Was it easy to find job in Canada? Any tips to share on job hunting?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:24 am
Just Joined

gausian is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: CHC Singapore Applicants

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for canada PR through Singapore CHC and wanted to know how much time does it take from the time the Medical and security check is required to the time the request for the passport for stamping?

I am still waiting for a response, i applied from March 2005.

Thanks.