Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CHC lost my UK Police Certificate!!!!

Wikiposts

CHC lost my UK Police Certificate!!!!

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:22 am
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice
Unhappy CHC lost my UK Police Certificate!!!!

I just heard back fro the Immigration officer - "I have read through your file, your history in Canada and verified the information in your recent messages and attachments.

From the available information you will not be required to attend an interview at the High Commission in London. Unfortunately, I cannot find any record of your submission of an original UK Police Certificate (the record from the UK Police National Computer, National Identification Service at New Scotland Yard, http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection). I also note that your medical is due to expire on 16-03-2007. Accordingly, I have returned your passports and personal documents as well as new medical instructions as it is unlikely we will be able to process your application before the Immigration record has been corrected/updated and we have received/reviewed your UK Police Certificate.

Your file is under review with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to effect the necessary Immigration Record changes. Please be assured that I shall write as soon as the information has been updated and I have received your new medical result and the UK Police Certificate. Upon receipt of this information I should be able to conclude the processing of your application."

So I am gonna try my best to get the MET to send out another poliece cert ASAP.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice
Default Re: CHC lost my UK Police Certificate!!!!

Its so frustrating.

Think we ended up getting about four Police clearances - I'm sure someone in New Scotland Yard must have thought we were up to no good.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:44 am
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Its so frustrating.

Think we ended up getting about four Police clearances - I'm sure someone in New Scotland Yard must have thought we were up to no good.

Best of luck.
Well I just emailed him my photocopy of it, the worst is having to get a new medical, and I’m broke as it is.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Not got to the medical stage yet - still got that to come!

Been accepted by NS Immigration - just waiting on London.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:12 am
TFI
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Not got to the medical stage yet - still got that to come!

Been accepted by NS Immigration - just waiting on London.
Just an update, I sent my photpcopy of my MET Cert by email and got this back

"Thank you for your attachment. We are in the process of issuing new medicals to you. The medical can be conducted in Canada but must be sent to the address at this office (physicians in Canada tend to automatically send the results to a central office in Ottawa - this would cause further delay). Please await our instructions. We will also go through your file again to ensure we do not have the original UK Police Certificate"
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, you're not having much luck TFI, are you?! The police check's only a tenner but are they saying you'll have to fork out for another medical too? Ouch
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 3:42 am
TFI
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Blimey, you're not having much luck TFI, are you?! The police check's only a tenner but are they saying you'll have to fork out for another medical too? Ouch
Yeah, they would have to have the FOSS & CAIPS notes both updated before they could issue the visa, since they only seem to have bothered looking at it since I called them, that means they are only getting round to updating it now.

My DIO is of the opinion that my current meds will probably expire before CBSA does the update. Therefore, I’ll have to do a new med.

As for the police cert, well since I sent the copy by email they are going to double check, how they lost it I don’t know, I’ve moved countries and managed to hold on to my copy.

Bottom line though, it looks like after a file update and a review of new meds I’ll be sorted… In the last mail he said “Please await our instructions. We will also go through your file again to ensure we do not have the original UK Police Certificate.”

So I’m guessing about two more months, given the rate they move at, however in true TFI fashion, I’ll be in contact with CBSA on Monday to “move along” the updating of my file.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:45 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

If they tell me to take my medical exam again I would be really annoyed as it cost alot so once should be enough. As for police cert it must be annoying as it takes about 4 weeks to get it I think. How did they lose it when its all in one folder lol. Oh well hang in there and hope it goes well for you as well as the rest of us all waiting.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

sheenoid is an unknown quantity at this point

Boy TFI, are they ever making you jump through hoops! Oh well, on the positive, it sounds like the end of this ordeal is in sight. It might mean that you have to endure another few months of wait, but to know that you will be approved in the end is the main thing, and that must be a huge relief. That God you don't have to go for an interview either.
I'm sorry for your situation and hope that you will be pleasantly surprised by having them clear it all up before you require a new medical.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:54 am
TFI
Forum Regular

I contacted my IO at CHC again, and got this response: The Police Certificate has been located (it was attached to another document). A new certificate will not be necessary.

I also mailed my IMM0056 to the CBSA officer who issued my exclusion in the first place, and she said she will update my records by the end of this week.

Sooooo… since the IO has stated previously “once the information has been updated and I have received your new medical result and the UK Police Certificate I should be able to conclude the processing of your application.”

I am going to assume, that now, since he has my UK Police Cert, my information will be updated by the weekend, and my meds are still current, he can “conclude” the shit out of my app and issue a PPR by next week
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:09 am
TFI
Forum Regular

Okay, UPDATE: I mailed my original copy of the IMM 0056 form to the CBSA on Monday. I just checked with Officers at the CBSA office where the exclusion was issued, they informed me that they have updated my FOSS notes (today, Feb 8th) to reflect that my exclusion was enforced at CHC in London, England on 31/08/05.

So I believe the three issues that my DIO had mentioned as causing delay are now covered:

1. They are in possession of my original police cert from New Scotland Yard.
2. The immigration record has been updated/corrected by CBSA
3. The medical still valid until the 16th of next month.