Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CHC London returning Items (spousal app) advice needed!

CHC London returning Items (spousal app) advice needed!

Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

newapojim is on a distinguished road
Default CHC London returning Items (spousal app) advice needed!

Hi,

Just wanted to get any advice from anyone who has experienced this.

CHC London started processing my app on 31st May 2005, and when I got home yesterday found Mr Postie had delivered a "brown" envelope with the Canada House mark on it.

My heart raced thinking Passport request..... but all it was, was the photos of our relationship/engagement/marriage persaonal proof papers sent back to me. No request.....yet!

Does this mean that they are almost done with my application? As everything was paid up front meds police etc... (as per outside spouse application)?

Will I get the Passport request soon?

Any help from anyone would be nice.

Thanks
James
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHC London returning Items (spousal app) advice needed!

Originally Posted by newapojim
Hi,

CHC London started processing my app on 31st May 2005, and when I got home yesterday found Mr Postie had delivered a "brown" envelope with the Canada House mark on it.

My heart raced thinking Passport request..... but all it was, was the photos of our relationship/engagement/marriage persaonal proof papers sent back to me. No request.....yet!

Does this mean that they are almost done with my application? As everything was paid up front meds police etc... (as per outside spouse application)?

Thanks
James
Hi James

Sorry to disappoint you - it probably means there was something missing/wrong with your application. CHC send back the entire application if it's not to their spec. and I don't think they tell you what the problem is either.
Welcome to the world of limbo and guesswork!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TrishB
Hi James

Sorry to disappoint you - it probably means there was something missing/wrong with your application. CHC send back the entire application if it's not to their spec. and I don't think they tell you what the problem is either.
Welcome to the world of limbo and guesswork!

Well they did not send back the application to me at all, only the photos and a newspaper cutting we had done of the engagement, no covering letter. the photos were nicely pacakged by them and returned undamaged.

If there was something wrong. then they would have sent everything back including the kitchen sink.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Well they did not send back the application to me at all, only the photos and a newspaper cutting we had done of the engagement, no covering letter. the photos were nicely pacakged by them and returned undamaged.

If there was something wrong. then they would have sent everything back including the kitchen sink.
Mmmm, sounds intriguing! Have you tried contacting them or ordered your CAIPS notes?
Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TrishB
Mmmm, sounds intriguing! Have you tried contacting them or ordered your CAIPS notes?

Is it best to contact them? From various threads on the boards, I've heard it could be a bad thing.....maybe I will wait a couple of days...and see if Mr Postie delivers more.. By the way what is CAIPS notes?
My wife (in Canada) probably can make some enquiries through the MP's Office.
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:20 am
cat
Just Joined

cat is an unknown quantity at this point

I also received a letter from London today (spousal app) with photos, but I also received a cover letter asking for my passport: Your Immigrant Visas appear ready to be issued. Before we can issue your visas you must submit your passport...! I am sure you will be getting something very similar soon!

My timeline has really shocked me! When I got the brown envelope today I just assumed I had done something wrong or something was incomplete!

*happy dance*
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cat
I also received a letter from London today (spousal app) with photos, but I also received a cover letter asking for my passport: Your Immigrant Visas appear ready to be issued. Before we can issue your visas you must submit your passport...! I am sure you will be getting something very similar soon!

My timeline has really shocked me! When I got the brown envelope today I just assumed I had done something wrong or something was incomplete!

*happy dance*
Yes happy happy for you........ Seems strange I did not get a covering letter.
and they started processing mine in London on 31st May 2005

Should I contact CIC London?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

KHutchison is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes happy happy for you........ Seems strange I did not get a covering letter.
and they started processing mine in London on 31st May 2005

Should I contact CIC London?
I have just posted a thread with my spousal application timeline. My brown envelope came in today and was similar to yours as it contained all photos, letters, cards etc., included was our passport request letter. If CHC London have not indicated a problem with your application perhaps they have just forgotten to include the passport request. Our passport request form has details about submitting a fax - you can contact them using the format on their website at www.canada.org.uk

Regards,
Kev
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

I too have had 2 passport pictures sent back along with proof of marriage pics and certificates.... they came with form P103FC (01/05) which is normally sent if they require further information..however, all CIC london did was tick the other box and wrote ' the two passport pics of you returned, these will be required at a later stage'..... ???

Can anyone help me regarding what stage they are talking about?? ... also if anything may seem wrong ... im getting kind worried here ..... :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:37 am
^a^
Just Joined

^a^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
I too have had 2 passport pictures sent back along with proof of marriage pics and certificates.... they came with form P103FC (01/05) which is normally sent if they require further information..however, all CIC london did was tick the other box and wrote ' the two passport pics of you returned, these will be required at a later stage'..... ???

Can anyone help me regarding what stage they are talking about?? ... also if anything may seem wrong ... im getting kind worried here ..... :scared: :scared:
I believe they are referring to your landing so keep those pictures and bring them with you.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:42 am
^a^
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks
James
Go through the stuff as you may have missed the letter asking you to submit your passport. If still no luck, you really need to contact CHC London. CHC returns all proofs (pictures, letters, receipts, etc) that you presented when you applied.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ^a^
Go through the stuff as you may have missed the letter asking you to submit your passport. If still no luck, you really need to contact CHC London. CHC returns all proofs (pictures, letters, receipts, etc) that you presented when you applied.
many thanks for the advice ... unfortunatley, there was nothing else within the envelope .... how do i contact CHC London as previous attempts have resulted in only recorded messages ....
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:17 am
^a^
Just Joined

try going there personally or send them a fax.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: CHC London returning Items (spousal app)- Mr Miller, Humphries etc!!!!

[QUOTE=I too have had 2 passport pictures sent back along with proof of marriage pics and certificates.... they came with form P103FC (01/05) which is normally sent if they require further information..however, all CIC london did was tick the other box and wrote ' the two passport pics of you returned, these will be required at a later stage'..... ???

Can anyone help me regarding what stage they are talking about?? ... also if anything may seem wrong ... im getting kind worried here ..... [/QUOTE]

Mr Miller / Mr Humphries ..... can you please give me some advice why the above was done by CHC London??
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

KHutchison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CHC London returning Items (spousal app)- Mr Miller, Humphries etc!!!!

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
Mr Miller / Mr Humphries ..... can you please give me some advice why the above was done by CHC London??
I can't comment on whether there is something wrong but I do know that when you get your passport request you have to send 2 pictures with your passport, so maybe they are referring to the passport request stage?
Regards,
Kev.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.