Chasing up CAIPS notes

Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:03 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chasing up CAIPS notes

Does anyone know how to chase up our CAIPS notes, please?
My OH ordered them by post using the address on the CIC website for this purpose and that was way back at the start of June.
They are obliged to send them within 30 days but we are still waiting........
One potential delay was that there was a rolling postal strike in Canada at the time the request was posted, but the strike finished a fortnight later and normal postal service was resumed. In fact, due to the rolling nature of the strike in some areas there was little disruption anyway and services were up to speed again very quickly.
So, it is impossible for us to know when exactly the request was delivered to CIC, but even so we are approaching the middle of August now and still no notes.
If anyone has any experience of contacting CIC about CAIPS requests or has a number where we can enquire, I would be very grateful.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:57 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of
Default Re: Chasing up CAIPS notes

Hi

This may help others, and they may have the answer to your question:
http://www.caips.ca/

Warmly,

Frank
Old Aug 11th 2011, 6:30 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chasing up CAIPS notes

Originally Posted by Frank'n Sense
Hi

This may help others, and they may have the answer to your question:
http://www.caips.ca/

Warmly,

Frank
Thanks Frank!
In the meantime I have been looking for myself, of course and I also came across the site you link, but this is a private company, as I understand it and they do charge quite a lot for ordering the notes on the client's behalf.

If you are in Canada or know someone who is, then you can order the CAIPS notes and it only costs $5 admin fee.

The official CIC site, which I found eventually, doesn't even call it CAIPS, which is why it is so hard to find in a search. It is called 'access to personal information' or something - anyway, the link to it is here;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...uests-atip.asp

It has the forms and the address to send them to.
I also managed to find the contact number which is ;

Client Service Unit at 613-946-0953 or 1-800-667-6703 "

I would add that they are very busy - my husband tried to call them and was on hold for over 20 minutes and had to then get on with his job, so he left a message to call him back.

The good news is, they did call back.
The bad news is, they didn't check his whereabouts in Canada and so they woke him up by telephoning him at 4a.m

So my advice is if you do leave a message, state clearly which time zone you are in because otherwise they will just assume you are on Eastern Standard Time and call you at uncivilised hours of the night!