Wikiposts

Changing TWP at POE???

Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

unigirl1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing TWP at POE???

Hi,
I am on a year work permit (ending in September 09) but I am currently not enjoying my job and am wanting to get a new job. How do I go about changing my TWP. Is it as simple as getting a new LMO and heading to the USA border with LMO, job offer and $150?? I work in childcare so do I have to get a new medical too??
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Changing TWP at POE???

I can't answer your medical question but as for POE, yes that would work. However POE officers don't like when people apply for new work permits in person (technically it's perfectly fine though). Are you changing positions or companies?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

i am changing companies not profession. if they dont like you doing it in person then how do they expect me to do it??
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by unigirl1982
i am changing companies not profession. if they dont like you doing it in person then how do they expect me to do it??
By sending the change of employer IMM 1249 to Vegreville takes 20 days for a new work permit for a new employer. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...end-worker.asp
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

OK, so just to clarify I am sending basically a new work permit application to the Vergille?? Juat another question my husband has an open work permit due to me and therefore how does he extend his??
thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

You're sending an application to extend/modify your work permit. The 20-day process is for when you have a new employer, your case specifically. Your husband's OWP will have to be renewed and extend in the same application as yours, so don't forget to add his details to the forms, include passport copies, etc. And you'll have to pay the fee for two people.

HTH

P
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

has any one renewed their work permit at POE? I dont want it to affect my PR application and so want to know even if they dont like it will they do it??
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

Try searching the forum. There are many entries about renewing at POE. I don't recommend it, but other people have different opinions.

P
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nuin
Try searching the forum. There are many entries about renewing at POE. I don't recommend it, but other people have different opinions.

P
We did it as we hadn't left enough time to post to Vegreville. (We were just renewing it for same job for OH and SOWP for me while we wait for PR.)

We went to Peace Arch, BC. The IO was friendly and helpful and did renew them for us but said that really they are there to defend the border and we should have sent it off. Minor wrist slap. Fair dos.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Monkey Puzzle
We did it as we hadn't left enough time to post to Vegreville. (We were just renewing it for same job for OH and SOWP for me while we wait for PR.)

We went to Peace Arch, BC. The IO was friendly and helpful and did renew them for us but said that really they are there to defend the border and we should have sent it off. Minor wrist slap. Fair dos.
That sounds promising. What documents did you take with u?? How would you suggest getting over the overlap with the other job??
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all

That sounds promising. What documents did you take with u?? How would you suggest getting over the overlap with the other job??
We always take EVERYTHING with us we could possibly imagine they might need.

OH's job in IT is LMO exempt so we took letter offering continued employment, certificates showing his competence in his field (ie to prove he didn't need LMO), the application form for TWPs, $300 to pay for both his TWP and my SOWP, old work permits in passports and a copy of our "in process" PR application in case that helped.

That was just to renew the current permit though, not to change jobs.

I understand that you can only work for the employer stated on your work permit at the time so to change jobs I think you'll need to go to the border, armed with new LMO, etc then only start the new job afterwards.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

last question (i hope) if my current work permit was obtained with a medical do i need to get a new medical to change my employer on the twp???
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

last question (i hope) if my current work permit was obtained with a medical do i need to get a new medical to change my employer on the twp???
No.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

ru sure I dont need to get a new medical?? this is what is states on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/5553E3.asp

but if im already here im hoping i dont need to get anouther medical coz im due to start work july 2nd. Ne ideas???
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

ru sure I dont need to get a new medical?? this is what is states on

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/5553E3.asp

but if im already here im hoping i dont need to get anouther medical coz im due to start work july 2nd. Ne ideas???
Your original post stated that you worked in childcare so I assumed that you already had done a medical. If you have done a medical already, you are not required to have a second one. If you haven't had a medical, you need one for childcare, and the getting the medical form, the results are going to take longer than the 02/07/09.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.