Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changing jobs while waiting for PR (PNP)

Changing jobs while waiting for PR (PNP)

Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road
Default Changing jobs while waiting for PR (PNP)

I applied for PR last June as a BC provincial nominee. Just as a theoretical question, how would a change of job (Assuming new LMO/TWP was available) affect my PR application? I'm guessing as the provincial nomination involves a joint application by me and my employer, it could potentially result in the province withdrawing their nomination and scuppering the whole thing?

Has anyone tried this?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing jobs while waiting for PR (PNP)

Hi

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
I applied for PR last June as a BC provincial nominee. Just as a theoretical question, how would a change of job (Assuming new LMO/TWP was available) affect my PR application? I'm guessing as the provincial nomination involves a joint application by me and my employer, it could potentially result in the province withdrawing their nomination and scuppering the whole thing?

Has anyone tried this?
If your employer is supporting your PNP application, if you leave, then there is an excellent chance the nomination will be rescinded.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:09 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

why is your pnp taking so long? did ours in 90 days! and yep, you'd lose it if you leave unless you was lucky to get another pnp....personally, stay in the job your in, get the pnp, then leave....we did! we had to pay back some money to the company for the relocation package but hey, that's how it goes right?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
why is your pnp taking so long? did ours in 90 days!
It's not the nomination I'm waiting on, it's the actual PR application.

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
and yep, you'd lose it if you leave unless you was lucky to get another pnp....personally, stay in the job your in, get the pnp, then leave....we did! we had to pay back some money to the company for the relocation package but hey, that's how it goes right?
I didn't get any relocation money, so that's no problem!

This is pretty much what I expected, it's just that there is a vague chance of an interesting job coming up that might not be available whenever CIC decide to finish my application. Guess I'll just take my chances...