Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Change in family status and possible delay

Change in family status and possible delay

Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:55 am
Just Joined

freegirl2learn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change in family status and possible delay

I have applied for canadian immigration from here in US and waiting for the interview date which is so far not announced at least till march 1st, 2005. I am in US and an indian by citizenship. My interview will be scheduled at detroit, MI office. At this point I am expecting a baby by feb 25, 2005. As my interview will definitely be after the birth of baby, in this scenario I have following questions,
1. When should I inform the canadian consulate office at detroit about the change in family status?
2. When should I schedule my medical exam?
---Should I schedule it before the delivery?
---Should I schedule it after the birth of baby and before the interview?
---Should I schedule it after the interview?
3. What are the chances of my interview of getting delayed if I inform the consulate about change in family status?
4. How should I inform the change in status? what documents are needed to send them or fee etc.? Any website link?
5. The baby will be US citizen. Can me my husband and our baby enter Canada without having our baby as immigrant? I mean are there any other rules for US citizens to enter canada?
I would greatly appreciate for your help.
Thankyou
Aradhna
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in family status and possible delay

Hi Free

Originally Posted by freegirl2learn
I have applied for canadian immigration from here in US and waiting for the interview date which is so far not announced at least till march 1st, 2005. I am in US and an indian by citizenship. My interview will be scheduled at detroit, MI office. At this point I am expecting a baby by feb 25, 2005. As my interview will definitely be after the birth of baby, in this scenario I have following questions,
1. When should I inform the canadian consulate office at detroit about the change in family status?
2. When should I schedule my medical exam?
---Should I schedule it before the delivery?
---Should I schedule it after the birth of baby and before the interview?
---Should I schedule it after the interview?
3. What are the chances of my interview of getting delayed if I inform the consulate about change in family status?
4. How should I inform the change in status? what documents are needed to send them or fee etc.? Any website link?
5. The baby will be US citizen. Can me my husband and our baby enter Canada without having our baby as immigrant? I mean are there any other rules for US citizens to enter canada?
I would greatly appreciate for your help.
Thankyou
Aradhna
1. Inform Detroit that you are expecting a baby and its due date and request the forms to add the child to the application when it is born.
2. Wait until after the birth for the medical so you all can have the medicals together.
3. Shouldn't delay it.
4. You are going to have complete the 008 for the child and obtain a birth certificate and a passport and pay the $100.
5. No.

PMM