Change in family composition

Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:03 am
Just Joined

noname is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change in family composition

I have received my visa/COPR but my wife is due to have a baby any time from now. I read the item 5 of the document received with the visa/COPR "seeking admission as a PR: these documents cannot be used for immigration to canada if changes in your family composition, return all visas and confirmation of PR forms, new dependents must meet the requirements of the immigration refugee and protection act". When we had our medical, my wife's due date was written in the doctor's notes and pregnancy documents were checked.
when we have the baby and inform Canadian embassy, whats the procedure and the timescale for feedback?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change in family composition

Why did you send passports for visas in the first place????

Once baby is born outside Canada your visas will become invalid. You shouldn't have sent passports - instead, if you were not planning to Land in Canada before baby's birth and have baby born in Canada, you should have asked visa post for extension, then add baby to your application, take baby for medicals and wait for another passports request.

Now you messed up big time. Email visa post immediately through web email portal and ask for instructions.

Or jump on the plane immediately (providing any airline will allow your wife to board), go to Canada, land and have baby in Canada.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Why did you send passports for visas in the first place????

Once baby is born outside Canada your visas will become invalid. You shouldn't have sent passports - instead, if you were not planning to Land in Canada before baby's birth and have baby born in Canada, you should have asked visa post for extension, then add baby to your application, take baby for medicals and wait for another passports request.

Now you messed up big time. Email visa post immediately through web email portal and ask for instructions.

Or jump on the plane immediately (providing any airline will allow your wife to board), go to Canada, land and have baby in Canada.
Dear Adrew Miller;
Will anything change if I the main applicant Land immediately in Canada or should we all go?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:30 am

All must land.

If you land now but your wife won't then her visa will become invalid once baby is born anyway. And then process will be even more complicated.

Email visa post and ask for instructions.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:35 am
Just Joined

All must land.

If you land now but your wife won't then her visa will become invalid once baby is born anyway. And then process will be even more complicated.

Email visa post and ask for instructions.
Thanks Andrew, I'll go with the option of landing. Its been 3yrs to get to this point. I wouldn't want to start the process again. Will it be ok to land and then come back to have the baby let say after a couple of weeks?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:49 am

First - I don't know any airline that will agree to take on board a pregnant woman within weeks from delivery. But you may try.

Second - if you get to Canada then have baby in Canada to avoid sponsorship process.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:54 am
Just Joined

First - I don't know any airline that will agree to take on board a pregnant woman within weeks from delivery. But you may try.

Second - if you get to Canada then have baby in Canada to avoid sponsorship process.
Thanks.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by noname
Thanks.
From what Andrew is saying, its hard but why dont you try it out and once there have the baby, why do you want to come back again. Having the baby there is simple and makes things easier. but getting in at this stage is hard but it can be done.

Also like Andrew pointed out, email the visa post asap and get directions ie instructions on how to go about things.

good luck