Change of address- Buffalo

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of address- Buffalo

If you send a fax to Buffalo to advise them of Change of Address, how long does it take for them to really make changes that will be visible online?

And also, I heard a rumor that if you send a fax to Buffalo to make any kind of changes, including change of address that will effect your case and will slow down for 4 weeks or so. Is this true? Its just little too funny to be true!

Thanks.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:20 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of address- Buffalo

Originally Posted by Jassy
If you send a fax to Buffalo to advise them of Change of Address, how long does it take for them to really make changes that will be visible online?

And also, I heard a rumor that if you send a fax to Buffalo to make any kind of changes, including change of address that will effect your case and will slow down for 4 weeks or so. Is this true? Its just little too funny to be true!

Thanks.
why dont u change ur address online?? i mean why would u fax them if u can change the address online??
and its not true that the case would be affected by an address change!!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:59 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Change of address- Buffalo

Jassy,

Before my common law partner and I moved, we mailed the 'change of address' form to Buffalo and called the CIC Call Centre to advise them as well. My eclient changed the following week to show the new address though I do not know if it was Buffalo or the Call Centre that changed my eclient.

I lived in Canada with my partner while I waited for the application to be processed in Buffalo, so calling the CIC Call Centre was available to us. If you don't live in Canada, then mailing or faxing Buffalo is the option.

I doubt that an address change would delay an application for 4 weeks, although, my application was not quick, so who really knows. But if you move, you don't want to risk that all important passport request letter going astray.

Be sure to mail or fax the address change. Online address changes through eclient are for applications processed in Canada only.