Change of address

Old Nov 19th 2004, 7:25 pm
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough
Default Change of address

Is there a specific form needed for change of address? or just send a letter or fax to Buffalo with the new address? Also, I am moving out of the UNited States, can I give them a foreign address for correspondence? Please note i do not have a file number yet and i have to leave for family emergency and will not be coming back. Although if called for an interview towards the end of the process, i could visit the US for that.

Any advice appreciated
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:14 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Change of address

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
Is there a specific form needed for change of address? or just send a letter or fax to Buffalo with the new address? Also, I am moving out of the UNited States, can I give them a foreign address for correspondence? Please note i do not have a file number yet and i have to leave for family emergency and will not be coming back. Although if called for an interview towards the end of the process, i could visit the US for that.

Any advice appreciated
No there isn't a special form for change of address. Just send a letter with your new address in the US. The address has to be in the US. The Buffalo office will not send any correspondence anywhere outside of the US or Canada. I would recommend you give them the address of a friend or a relative who owns a home, or somebody who won't be moving out of their appartment every year. Who knows how long your process will take.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

if u gives the add. of another country where u r moving then means another back ground check. and GOD KNOWS BETTER how long it will take.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:43 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by netkit
if u gives the add. of another country where u r moving then means another back ground check. and GOD KNOWS BETTER how long it will take.

I am actually moving back to my home country, so there would be no etra BG checks
Old Nov 20th 2004, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
I am actually moving back to my home country, so there would be no etra BG checks
even then if they have completed the BG from ur home country they will start it again for the rest of time u r going to live before issuing visa.
i am not confirm but it happened to me.