Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Certified Copies, does anyone........

Certified Copies, does anyone........

Old Oct 4th 2008, 4:41 pm
Nearly there! Tick, tock!

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Certified Copies, does anyone........

where we can get copies without being financially assaulted !!!

We are putting together all the relevant docs. for posting our application early next week and have realised that we don't have copies of our GCSE; BTEC; Degree certificates to send........

When I have done a quick Google search the company that does them want £30 for each one

That wouldn't be much if there was only 1 or 2, but between me and the other half we need about 15 !!!!!!

There's GOT to be a cheaper way of proving your intelligence
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Copies, does anyone........

If you're in the UK and studied in the UK, there's no need to send certified copies; I didn't certify anything.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:30 pm

Erinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to allErinbrooke is a name known to all
Smile Re: Certified Copies, does anyone........

Thanks Mark.....

Does that mean I don't need to send ANY certificates or just photocopies of the originals??
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Just send photocopies. You probably don't need to send GCSE certificates, but I did anyway as proof that I'd studied English.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 5:47 pm

Cheers Mark, it would have proved quite an expensive exercise otherwise.....
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:13 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Have sent you a pm,

I think everyones experience is different, for the NS PNP which I understand you are going through we had to get certified statement of results as replacement for the original exam certs that we didn't have including GCSE results. I also had to get all of our supporting documents certified as true copies of the originals,

ND

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Oct 5th 2008 at 9:16 am. Reason: added a bit
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:04 am

Thanks Nikki,

Might sound a stupid question, but is it only a lawyer who can certify the certs??
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Erinbrooke
Thanks Nikki,

Might sound a stupid question, but is it only a lawyer who can certify the certs??
Or Notary Public

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

And I think (but could be wrong), your family doctor, banker, teacher, police officer can as well. But they would need to know you for at least 2 years. Again, I could be wrong on this part, should verify that.

Ray
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:18 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raymasa
Or Notary Public

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

And I think (but could be wrong), your family doctor, banker, teacher, police officer can as well. But they would need to know you for at least 2 years. Again, I could be wrong on this part, should verify that.

Ray
Hi

Above is what I got told by NS immigration, when I phoned them to check ie could be doctor, dentist, police officer etc.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

When we filled our federal application we had submit over 130 pieces of info which we got done from our local solicitor. It cost us £1 per copy and the guy did not know us from Adam. That included education certificates which we sent copies of

Last edited by deanjp32; Oct 5th 2008 at 11:41 am.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by deanjp32
When we filled our federal application we had submit over 130 pieces of info which we got done from our local solicitor. It cost us £1 per copy and the guy did not know us from Adam. That included education certificates which we sent copies of
Yes, a notary public or lawyer does not need to know you. But if certified by a doctor, teacher etc, they would need to know you for at least 2 years. I think this is the UK thing. Dont know if Canada works the same way.

Ray
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:35 pm

So basically all we need to do is take photocopies of all the relevant docs (birth certs, education certs, marriage cert. etc....) into a lawyer and he signs the photocopies and gives them back to us ?????

And this is accepted by CIC??
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Yep but ring around as we were quoted £5 per doc by 1 firm so it does pay to shop a little
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:57 pm

Cheers Dean - with a bit of look we will be neighbours within the next 8 to 12 months........

We are looking st Truro, but the OH is still angling towards Tatamagouche and Wallace Only thing about that is that we need to stay within Colchester County boundaries, but have seen a couple of riverside properties that have boat access to the Northumberland Strait
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Erinbrooke
So basically all we need to do is take photocopies of all the relevant docs (birth certs, education certs, marriage cert. etc....) into a lawyer and he signs the photocopies and gives them back to us ?????

And this is accepted by CIC??
I hope CIC accepts it. Thats what I did. The lawyer charges £20 per copy, but since I had a few dozen or so, he charged me by the hour, came to £70 (or there abouts, dont remember exactly).

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.