Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Certificate of Qualification - Employers List

Certificate of Qualification - Employers List

Old May 3rd 2020, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

TheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Certificate of Qualification - Employers List

Hi everyone,

Sorry, it's me again (I'm on a roll today ). I have a question regarding the certificate of qualification. My husband is a plumber and we're planning to challenge British Columbia's trade certificate exam. According to their requirements, my husband needs to have worked 9,450 hours performing a specific set of tasks listed in their form. He has exceeded that.

My question is: does he still need to get his current employer to sign off it if his three previous employers can already certify that he has more than 9,450 hours performing more than 75% of the tasks they require? We're just worried how his current employer will receive our request for them to sign this off. With the current instability brought about by COVID-19, we're reluctant to rock the boat.

One of his colleagues already got fired. What if they take our request the wrong way and fire him too?

Obviously, we'd get it signed off if absolutely required but just wanted to check if it really is.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 4th 2020, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

TheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond reputeTheWorldIsMyOyster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate of Qualification - Employers List

So, I'm answering my own question because I hadn't realised that my husband actually sent a message to ITABC. I'm dropping their response here in case somebody is looking for the same info: