CEC payment question

Old Jan 11th 2015, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default CEC payment question

Hi everyone,so our medicals were all sent to CIC on December 20th except my oldest daughters(apparently not enough pee in her sample lol),which was sent on Jan 4th.
We haven't received an email to pay the final fee,but I have been told that I can pay it through the CIC website and that this could save me some time in the process.

Am I right in going to this website:

Pay your fees

Then from the drop down box choose:
Right of permanent residency fee-paying from inside canada-not express entry.

Choose immigration when I have the option,then simply right to permanent residency fee,and pay for 2 (we are 2 adults,and 3 children all under 10)

Or is best to just wait for the email?

My work permit expires 20th April and my Alberta driving license expires the same day which could make things awkward for flagpoling/traveling to work if things take longer.
I know I am maybe just worrying a bit too much,but we all know how slow CIC can operate some times.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC payment question

I guess I will just wait for the email then and play safe.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

I waited for the email, but the way it reads when you get it is that the payment is "Outstanding"

You'd be fine to pay it now and keep the receipts/send them to the email address or whatever

Whether it will speed up the process or not I don't know - i paid mine, thinking I was in the final stages...and now my application says they started processing it after they received the RPRF, so is it going to be ANOTHER 13 month wait?

If you look below at my timeline - i paid RPRF on 30-October-14 (same day as the email came asking for it) and when I look at the CIC online, it says "We started processing your application on 24th November 2014"
Old Jan 13th 2015, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mine still says application received lol,my friend's said the same even when he received his letter to take to the border.
Its strange how some people get the RPRF email around the same time as the medical request email(like my friend did,next day).
My friends letter arrived 9 weeks after his medicals were received,now he has his PR.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps I spoke too soon...

After posting in this thread I went on to check my status and it's at "Decision Made"

Unfortunately I'm stuck in Deadmonton right now and forgot to leave the mailbox key at my place so I can't even have anyone check my mail
Old Jan 16th 2015, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute

Our medicals for our CEC app would have been sent December 6th and we haven't received our RPRF yet either, fingers crossed we both receive them soon!
Old Jan 17th 2015, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

How did you get on Haggis?

I checked my status,it does say that the medical results have been received,just need some of these Canadian office monkey's to get the finger out and send the RPRF email lol.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dunno, I won't be home til Tuesday night!

Time for a shit, shower and shave then I'm back on a flight the next morning to Halifax, NS!

I'll be checking the mail before I even open the front door though
Old Jan 17th 2015, 11:41 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
How did you get on Haggis?

I checked my status,it does say that the medical results have been received,just need some of these Canadian office monkey's to get the finger out and send the RPRF email lol.
I paid RPRF at same time as medicals were done, third line was added in ECAS back in November and heard nothing since, so Id appreciate if they got their finger out as well
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

COPR was in the post, dated 16-January-2015
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to apply for BOWP with the pace this is going at.
Its a bugger as my landlord has decided that as I gave him 1 day less than a full calendars month of moving out(after he gave me 3 months notice to move out),he is going to keep my damage deposit.
so this month I'm having to cough up another damage deposit,plus a months rent,RPRF shortly,and most likely BOWP.
Its funny how everything seems to happen at once lol.
Is it only adults that need BOWP or do kids require the same? We have 2 girls under 10,the other turned 10 at the end of January.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 3:17 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
I'm thinking that I'm gonna have to apply for BOWP with the pace this is going at.
Its a bugger as my landlord has decided that as I gave him 1 day less than a full calendars month of moving out(after he gave me 3 months notice to move out),he is going to keep my damage deposit.
so this month I'm having to cough up another damage deposit,plus a months rent,RPRF shortly,and most likely BOWP.
Its funny how everything seems to happen at once lol.
Is it only adults that need BOWP or do kids require the same? We have 2 girls under 10,the other turned 10 at the end of January.
I think the kids just need visitor records could be wrong though, someone with more idea on that hopefully will respond. CIC are seeming to take an age. It's over 3 months since we had medicals and paid RPRF. The BOWP is only for a year and I'm wondering at this rate if me and my OH will need to apply for a BOWP and OWP again .

Typical that all these things involving money happen once