CEC best option for me?

Old Sep 21st 2013, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Berzerker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC best option for me?

Hi all,

I am currently living in Ontario and recently got my 1 years experience in a technical role (NOC 2282) and from what I have read and understand the best route for me to take now would be start my CEC Application as I am now on my last IEC.

Any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC best option for me?

How long do you have left on your IEC and have you though about the PNP Ontario? http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

I am not familiar with the CEC but the processing time is about 12 months and I have no idea how much the strike will change these times. So not sure whether you'd have to stop working once your IEC runs out if you don't have PR before. With the PNP if your employer gets approved and you get approved you'll get a work permit guaranteed until a decision on your PR has been made.

Just a thought.

Last edited by ninaDGBCA; Sep 22nd 2013 at 2:55 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

I have around 10 months left so will more than likely have to stop working.

Yes CEC takes around that but I wasn't aware of the strike, so that's a shame.

I will look into the PNP route and put it forward to my employer. Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi[

QUOTE=Berzerker;10912710]I have around 10 months left so will more than likely have to stop working.

Yes CEC takes around that but I wasn't aware of the strike, so that's a shame.

I will look into the PNP route and put it forward to my employer. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Actually with either the CEC or PNP you could apply for a bridging open work permit if you meet the following criteria

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

So if I understand correctly I can just start my CEC application now then before my IEC expires apply for the bridging option?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Berzerker
So if I understand correctly I can just start my CEC application now then before my IEC expires apply for the bridging option?
You'd have to start well in advance to get the bridging open work permit in time before the iEC expires. I think processing times are about 2-3 months if I am not mistaken and there is the strike. So if I was you I'd start to get the application and everything you need for it together asap and as soon as you only have 4 months on the IEC send it all.

The CEC application you can start as soon as you have 12 months full time in a skilled (NOC A,B,0) job.

Good luck!
Old Sep 28th 2013, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

The bridging permit will take 30 days as long as you apply on line.

Poppit
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

All a great help thanks folks.

Just waiting to do my IELTS now at the end of the Month then get my application sent off