Old Dec 6th 2001, 3:44 pm
Wm

I'm a CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Proffessional). Does Canada need
such people?

Regards
R.

Old Dec 6th 2001, 4:04 pm
Andrew Miller

You can't use some Polish or other "exotic" titles/certificates when looking for your
answer. It is not what "title" your diploma states (with some exceptions of course) -
it is about what occupation with your education/diploma you can perform in Canada, as
per Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC). You also need to tell what
level of education such diploma/certificate attests to - is it just a secondary
education (technical high school or gymnasium), is it a post secondary education
(college with no degree) or is it something you earn after finishing Bachelor or
Master degree program. Also note that diploma is just a paper - to find a job you
need much more than that.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 6th 2001, 4:18 pm
Wm

>
looking
    >

Maybe you would like to check www.drii.org or www.dri.ca before you start talking
about Polish or "other exotic" titles BTW it's my first post to this group and I
can clearly see Poles are not welcome. I was just checking. Like many other Poles
working since more than 10 years my field of study has nothing to do with what I'm
doing in my professional life. Such certificate has only about 2,000 people in the
world, which is what New York alone needs today, so I'm kindly asking for an answer
not for some strange comments.

Regards
R.

Old Dec 6th 2001, 4:50 pm
Andrew Miller

No need to get defensive here - I have a lot of Polish clients and friends and my
late partner was also Polish, so please don't play race or nationality card here.

The certification you are talking about is not a formal education of any sort - it is
just few days or few weeks course resulting in certification. But for the immigration
to Canada you need to have certain level of education and you didn't say anything
about that. Your education level and your work experience among other factors is what
will be taken under consideration when assessing your qualifications for immigration.

If you can tell us in details what is your education beside your CBCP certification
and what exactly is you do for past 10 years (jobs/positions held, tasks and duties
performed, responsibilities, etc.) then you may get a better answer. CBCP alone is
not an occupation listed on General Occupations List open for immigration to Canada.

--

../..

sending email)

>

[usenetquote2]> > You can't use some Polish or other "exotic" titles/certificates when[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > for your answer.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 6th 2001, 7:50 pm
Andrew Miller

P.S.

CBCP is not an occupation, a degree or anything like that - it is just a
certification. Microsoft Certified Professional is not a Computer Programmer or
Software Engineer if he or she doesn't have a formal education in computer science
and relevant work experience to support it. So please, don't get angry here just
because I never heard before about CBCP - as you stated yourself there are only about
2,000 people worldwide with such certification, so it makes it not only "exotic" but
also very rare and unique among about 4+ billion people in the working age group on
this planet.

As far as I found person may get CBC certification even with secondary only (or less)
education - a bureaucrat who has just a 12th grade education but is working in the
public office's department dealing with for example disaster recovery may get CBC
certification after going through 2 1/2 day course. Such person will have no chance
to qualify for immigration to Canada. But a civil engineer working in the same
department with Bachelor or Master degree in civil engineering and work experience as
such will have a good chance and his or her CBCP certification will not be a factor
in assessing qualifications from the immigration selection criteria perspective.

I apologize if my remarks offended you, but it wasn't my intention at all.

--

../..

sending email)

>
and
    >
card
    >
    >
    >
sort -
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > You can't use some Polish or other "exotic" titles/certificates when[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > looking[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > for your answer.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Maybe you would like to check www.drii.org or www.dri.ca before you start talking[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > about Polish or "other exotic" titles BTW it's my first post to this group and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I can clearly see Poles are not welcome. I was just checking. Like many other[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Poles working since more than 10 years my field of study has nothing to do with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > what I'm doing in my professional life. Such certificate has only about 2,000[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > people in the world, which is what New York alone needs today, so I'm kindly[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > asking for[/usenetquote2]
an
[usenetquote2]> > answer not for some strange comments.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > R.[/usenetquote2]