Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Caution from 2003 for criminal damage

Wikiposts

Caution from 2003 for criminal damage

Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:23 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Caution from 2003 for criminal damage

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Most unfortunately from my experience, I'm sure there are exceptions though.
I would hope so

In the eyes of Canadian Immigration, I have been wasting my time for 7yrs as I count for a grand total of 4 points

There are bad eggs in every profession don't you think? Just so much more is expected of the Police. Not forgetting we're pretty much ruled with the Crown Prosecution Service rod of iron when it comes to making any sort of charging decision. Would be interested to know the circs of your situation, but that's probably for another time & place
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:20 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
I would hope so

In the eyes of Canadian Immigration, I have been wasting my time for 7yrs as I count for a grand total of 4 points

There are bad eggs in every profession don't you think? Just so much more is expected of the Police. Not forgetting we're pretty much ruled with the Crown Prosecution Service rod of iron when it comes to making any sort of charging decision. Would be interested to know the circs of your situation, but that's probably for another time & place
Yeah I think I already have probably given a bit too much information about it on here than I should have done really, I did get the impression from the police that they just wanted to 'bosch it off' as another statistic though and when they call me to report their decision (6 days after they had already made the decision and released the offender) and I ask 'how can I appeal again or complain against your decision' and the officer advises me "you can't", well that sort of thing really doesn't build a lot of confidence in the police.

How come you only got 4 points? My ex girlfriend's brother moved to Australia and his girlfriend followed him on a seperate application with only a couple of years of experience as a police officer and didn't have much trouble at all by all accounts.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:30 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Yeah I think I already have probably given a bit too much information about it on here than I should have done really, I did get the impression from the police that they just wanted to 'bosch it off' as another statistic though and when they call me to report their decision (6 days after they had already made the decision and released the offender) and I ask 'how can I appeal again or complain against your decision' and the officer advises me "you can't", well that sort of thing really doesn't build a lot of confidence in the police.

How come you only got 4 points? My ex girlfriend's brother moved to Australia and his girlfriend followed him on a seperate application with only a couple of years of experience as a police officer and didn't have much trouble at all by all accounts.
I'm not doing a separate application, i'm going to be secondary applicant on husband's. So under category 6, Adaptibility, I can only get a max of 4 points for my education & training. I'm not applying to be in the Police in Canada, at this stage anyway (that might be plan Z or something)

Not sure how it works in OZ

A phone call after 6 days? You should be grateful for getting one at all! Joke. Although the Police have historically been pretty bad at keeping their customers updated. Of course you can complain. Start by speaking to the Duty Inspector at the nick
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:44 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not doing a separate application, i'm going to be secondary applicant on husband's. So under category 6, Adaptibility, I can only get a max of 4 points for my education & training. I'm not applying to be in the Police in Canada, at this stage anyway (that might be plan Z or something)

Not sure how it works in OZ

A phone call after 6 days? You should be grateful for getting one at all! Joke. Although the Police have historically been pretty bad at keeping their customers updated. Of course you can complain. Start by speaking to the Duty Inspector at the nick
Well it was just over a year ago now, at the time I did think about that but I thought that it would probably just fall on deaf ears and at that point I really just wanted to get on with my life as I'd never been involved in anything like that before and unfortunately I was left pretty badly shaken by the whole incident.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:58 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Except that after 5 years, it would show on the ACPO as "no live trace" which means there is something in the past.
Just wanted to clarify that having recently received the ACPO Police Certificate, although my husband's caution was 6 and a half years ago (July 2003) it has come up on the Certificate with full date, offence type and disposal (caution). It does not say "no live trace".

Interesting......
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:04 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by Scott_Chegg
Thanks misskatpaw, will you let us know how long it takes when you get the details back? Hope it doesn't take too long

I'm going to have another look for my caution this weekend and if I still can't find it I will be following suit and sending off a Subject Access Request to the Met (if I do end up doing this too, I'll note how long it takes for future reference when I recieve it).
Just to let you know the timeframes.....

ACPO Certificate request was posted first class on Fri 29/01/10. The certificate that was sent back was dated 16/02/10 and arrived on Thurs 18/02/10. This was slower than I thought it would be.

Subject Access Request from West Yorkshire Police was posted First Class Thur 28/01/10. They were pretty good at keeping in contact via e-mail and the 2 pages of info that they sent (about a squillion times less than the paperwork that I know is generated for this type of occurrence) was dated 18/02/10 and arrived on 20/02/10. Pretty terrible for a printout of 2 sheets of A4!!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to clarify that having recently received the ACPO Police Certificate, although my husband's caution was 6 and a half years ago (July 2003) it has come up on the Certificate with full date, offence type and disposal (caution). It does not say "no live trace".

Interesting......
Exactly the same as my son's ACPO certificate - even though his 2 cautions were over 8 years ago! (2001 / 2002)

I am glad to know we weren't the only ones well you know what I mean!