Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Cat 2 - is it taking a long time or is it just us?

Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:32 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cat 2 - is it taking a long time or is it just us?

We applied in September 2010 (so new rules with full docs to Sydney) and after being RBVO in early March, there has been no contact whatsoever. When we applied the website for London was quoting 6 months for those with employment but there is no chance that we will make that now.
Cat 1s (especially Pakistan applicants) are even going through the London VO quicker than we are, which just seems bizarre as they know the PA is already working in his job in Canada under a valid LMO and TWP and so is contributing to the economy RIGHT NOW!
When should we expect med requests? There is so little info for Cat 2 I have no idea about timelines now.
If anyone has any experiences or information, please let me know.
(BTW, just us two, hugely over on points, no complicated circumstances whatsoever to delay our application.)
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default Re: Cat 2 - is it taking a long time or is it just us?

Hi helcat12,

Sorry I can't help with your question, I can only offer some empathy.

I do not know what the hell is going on...we are Cat1, applied in Sept 2010 too and are still showing RBVO.

I know we are not alone but when I read that people who applied in March this year have had medicals my heart sinks! I'm glad for them but am at a loss as to why there seems to be such inconsistency.

I really hope you get some news soon.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:51 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deeny
Hi helcat12,

Sorry I can't help with your question, I can only offer some empathy.

I do not know what the hell is going on...we are Cat1, applied in Sept 2010 too and are still showing RBVO.

I know we are not alone but when I read that people who applied in March this year have had medicals my heart sinks! I'm glad for them but am at a loss as to why there seems to be such inconsistency.

I really hope you get some news soon.
True, there is a very bad situation going on at London, although the ministerial office swear blind that they are processing applications in the order they are received, which is a load of male cow's testicles!
We have CAIPS notes coming soon so maybe they will reveal something. Someone we know has had their notes and they said they were IN PROCESS although ECAS had them as RBVO, so maybe there is a ray of hope there.
Hope something comes for us both shortly.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Thanks,

The only glimmer of hope I have is that the Police clearance expires in August. I am wondering if this will flag us up and prompt some kind of communication? I will take any snippet they throw at us.

Keeping everything crossed for us!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deeny
Thanks,

The only glimmer of hope I have is that the Police clearance expires in August. I am wondering if this will flag us up and prompt some kind of communication? I will take any snippet they throw at us.

Keeping everything crossed for us!
They asked us for a renewed police certificate when they sent medical requests. The previous police certificate expired on 17th July 2011 and we are collecting visas on 21st July 2011, so guess they felt it would be cutting it too fine with the old one!

I don't thin* they will expidite cases based on PCC but rather asked for a renewed one with medical requests if it is going to expire in the next 3 months or so.

Wayne.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Wayne,

I didn't think it would expedite the case but hoped it may at least mean they will pick up our file. We are clutching at straws maybe, but hoped that it would show on the system that our PCCs needed renewing and then someone would dust off our application and at least consider putting it into process.

Congratulations to you btw, you are nearly there now.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by helcat12
We applied in September 2010 (so new rules with full docs to Sydney) and after being RBVO in early March, there has been no contact whatsoever. When we applied the website for London was quoting 6 months for those with employment but there is no chance that we will make that now.
Cat 1s (especially Pakistan applicants) are even going through the London VO quicker than we are, which just seems bizarre as they know the PA is already working in his job in Canada under a valid LMO and TWP and so is contributing to the economy RIGHT NOW!
When should we expect med requests? There is so little info for Cat 2 I have no idea about timelines now.
If anyone has any experiences or information, please let me know.
(BTW, just us two, hugely over on points, no complicated circumstances whatsoever to delay our application.)
One of the causes of the FSW2 slowdown is the time it is taking to investigate the AEOs submitted with the application. New Delhi, refusal rate of 70% , Hong Kong 76% Buffalo 15% . So with a high refusal rate, the VO must jump through more hoops.

"Additional steps can be taken to investigate suspected fraud and, as noted above, additional documentation may be requested. Concerns often center on the authenticity of the job offer; follow-up with employers in Canada is hindered by time differences. If the visa officer intends to refuse the AEO, he/she must send a letter of concern to the applicant stating the concerns, and provide the applicant with the opportunity to respond. Processing AEOs is generally viewed as highly inefficient and time-consuming, with insufficient support within Canada to address fraud in the process. "
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:55 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

One of the causes of the FSW2 slowdown is the time it is taking to investigate the AEOs submitted with the application. New Delhi, refusal rate of 70% , Hong Kong 76% Buffalo 15% . So with a high refusal rate, the VO must jump through more hoops.

"Additional steps can be taken to investigate suspected fraud and, as noted above, additional documentation may be requested. Concerns often center on the authenticity of the job offer; follow-up with employers in Canada is hindered by time differences. If the visa officer intends to refuse the AEO, he/she must send a letter of concern to the applicant stating the concerns, and provide the applicant with the opportunity to respond. Processing AEOs is generally viewed as highly inefficient and time-consuming, with insufficient support within Canada to address fraud in the process. "
So then why are situations like ours, where there is a valid LMO and a TWP in place, not treated differently? There is no chance of fraud there because
a) HRSDC has already verified the job as genuine, it has been advertised and found to be in shortage and
b)the applicant is already doing it in Canada and so it is easy to get employer verification and things like SIN number can be traced

I do not understand why they put such applications as ours behind the true AEO, which are a totally different kettle of fish.
They could easily sort applications into two streams - the ones that are potentially "dodgy" and the ones that are supported by LMO and TWP. What is the need to check these for the job point of view? It has all been done. Surely they just need to check the background at the VO. They are doing the work twice!
I can see that AEO was a preferred route in the past even for people with jobs on the list because of the 4 year wait for PR through Cat 1 FSW, but now that is so much faster there is no benefit to applying through that route and so there will be very many fewer people applying for AEO anyway.
It is not doing Canadian employers any favours to make them renew LMO as it is an expensive process and time consuming. They know these jobs are genuine, so what is the problem?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
So then why are situations like ours, where there is a valid LMO and a TWP in place, not treated differently? There is no chance of fraud there because
a) HRSDC has already verified the job as genuine, it has been advertised and found to be in shortage and
b)the applicant is already doing it in Canada and so it is easy to get employer verification and things like SIN number can be traced

I do not understand why they put such applications as ours behind the true AEO, which are a totally different kettle of fish.
They could easily sort applications into two streams - the ones that are potentially "dodgy" and the ones that are supported by LMO and TWP. What is the need to check these for the job point of view? It has all been done. Surely they just need to check the background at the VO. They are doing the work twice!
I can see that AEO was a preferred route in the past even for people with jobs on the list because of the 4 year wait for PR through Cat 1 FSW, but now that is so much faster there is no benefit to applying through that route and so there will be very many fewer people applying for AEO anyway.
It is not doing Canadian employers any favours to make them renew LMO as it is an expensive process and time consuming. They know these jobs are genuine, so what is the problem?
I think the worst part is the lack of communication and transparency from the visa office.

If they were at least honest in the response to queries as to why some newer applications are (seemingly randomly) being processed faster than other, older applications it might make things more barable. I am sure it cannot be random - but that's what it feels like to us at the moment and they don't seem to be able to communicate anything to the contrary.

All they say is "we're processing in strict order" but we can all see that they are most certainly not doing this.

But they leave you powerless. If you phone them, it's just a front-end customer service who won't put you through to immigration and will just tell you to fill in the online form. If you fill in the online form you either don't get a reply or you get a standard "we're still reviewing it, leave us alone" style reply.

Ordering CAIPS notes (or now I assume GCMS notes) might shed a little light, but in this day and age why should it be necessary to order a manual paper printout? Why is this information not available via ECAS? The small amount of information available on ECAS is pathetic, to say the least.

We feel very lucky to have secured (all being well next week) our visas within 11 months, but we do feel very sorry for those who are still in the dark. Especially since some CHC London March 2011 applicants are now getting medical requests, nothing against them personally, but it takes the p*ss that some July/August/September 2010 applicants have not yet even gone in process.

Wayne.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

Hi helcat,

Haven't spoken to you in a while but I am getting equally frustrated myself! as you know I have applied since Dec 2010 with AEO and to date have been 'in process' since March 2011. I don't rely on ecas so that offers me no comfort.

I agree with you that it seems strange that if HRSDC have already verified (in my case AEO) as genuine then why the hold up? It took 6 months to get the AEO passed and that was a long time to wait before I could even get the PR application in!

I am lucky that my employer is someone I met while working on a bunac visa a couple of years ago and is prepared to wait, but I can't expect her to wait forever for me to work for her!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 5:02 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Elen1981
Hi helcat,

Haven't spoken to you in a while but I am getting equally frustrated myself! as you know I have applied since Dec 2010 with AEO and to date have been 'in process' since March 2011. I don't rely on ecas so that offers me no comfort.

I agree with you that it seems strange that if HRSDC have already verified (in my case AEO) as genuine then why the hold up? It took 6 months to get the AEO passed and that was a long time to wait before I could even get the PR application in!

I am lucky that my employer is someone I met while working on a bunac visa a couple of years ago and is prepared to wait, but I can't expect her to wait forever for me to work for her!
You are lucky, then, but it is also difficult for CIO to recognise that any employer will be prepared to wait that long and so they view AEO with suspicion since all the fraud. But at the same time, going over, giving up your life and job in the UK on a wing and a prayer of LMO/TWP which in our case was only one year doesn't seem to satisfy them that the job is genuine either, so how can you win? The system is seriously messed up and I do not think it is doing what Canadian business wants or need at all.
My husband's company thinks the system sucks!
Anyway, I am off to Canada on Saturday to see my husband and hopefully there will be some news when the CAIPS notes become available. They are obliged to send them within a set time, so they cannot wriggle out of it like the case specific e-mails and fax!
I'll let you know.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Must be just you, I applied as FSW Cat 2 and got my PR months ago, CIC even included a complimentary box of chocolates with the visa. I have no idea what kind of delays you're talking about.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:44 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Must be just you, I applied as FSW Cat 2 and got my PR months ago, CIC even included a complimentary box of chocolates with the visa. I have no idea what kind of delays you're talking about.

I knew there was a covert procedure going on here.:curse:
Tell me who you slept with.!

If it was a guy called Kenney, it is scandal!
The "News of the World" shall hear about this, you mark my words!

Last edited by helcat12; Jul 13th 2011 at 7:50 pm. Reason: addition
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

My lips are sealed!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:56 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
My lips are sealed!
Listen, if you are trying to protet my reputation, honey, you're too late.

Anyway......... I was going to offer him Neil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.