Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case transfered to Local Visa Office

Case transfered to Local Visa Office

Old Nov 4th 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Diddley1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Case transfered to Local Visa Office

Hello can somebody please advise I recently landed in Toronto and gave a friends address (where we were staying) for the cards to be sent. We since have come back to the UK to prepare of our departure next year

I was forwarded a letter from the local office in Hamilton stating that we need to attend an interview and supply new photos. Even though we have been awarded residency status. Failure to do so in 180 days will result in us having to apply for a new card.

The number given to make an appointment cannot be called from outside Canada so I called an International Help line which stated that it was to do with the photos but could not help further

I do not really want to spend £1000s to fly out there just to hand over photos so what can be done?

Also does anyone have a direct number to call from outside Canada to speak to the Hamilton office.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:32 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case transfered to Local Visa Office

Originally Posted by Diddley1969
Hello can somebody please advise I recently landed in Toronto and gave a friends address (where we were staying) for the cards to be sent. We since have come back to the UK to prepare of our departure next year

I was forwarded a letter from the local office in Hamilton stating that we need to attend an interview and supply new photos. Even though we have been awarded residency status. Failure to do so in 180 days will result in us having to apply for a new card.

The number given to make an appointment cannot be called from outside Canada so I called an International Help line which stated that it was to do with the photos but could not help further

I do not really want to spend £1000s to fly out there just to hand over photos so what can be done?

Also does anyone have a direct number to call from outside Canada to speak to the Hamilton office.
Google?

http://www.inform.hamilton.ca/record/HAM1637

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/5496ea.asp

None of the toll free numbers will work outside of North America.

Last edited by Aviator; Nov 4th 2010 at 5:34 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Reidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case transfered to Local Visa Office

Originally Posted by Diddley1969

Was it a red letter?? We recived one after 4 1/2 months a couple of weeks ago. Below is a link about others who are not in Canada yet dealt with it Good luck
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691578