Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is carrying other's PR card outside Canada restricted?

Wikiposts

Is carrying other's PR card outside Canada restricted?

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:12 am
Just Joined

smrabbani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is carrying other's PR card outside Canada restricted?

Hi,

I did first landing and returned to Kuwait in 2 weeks.

My PR card is now received in Canada (by a relative who is a permanent resident, as I had given his postal address to CIC for sending my PR card).

Now I want to get my PR card (from Canada) to Kuwait, so that I can travel next time to Canada.

Can I get my PR card through some one who is visiting Kuwait from Canada? Specifically, I want to know if there is any legal restrictions in doing that, that the PR card can not be carried outside Canada by other persons, and may be checked at the airport?

Any advise in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am aware of the travel document procedures for one time entry to Canada in such cases and also I know that using my COPR copy I can enter Canada through a private vehicle from Buffalo or Detroit, but that is not my concern now.

I just want to know if the PR card can be brought by somebody who is traveling out of Canada (from airport).

Thanks once again.

-Rabbani
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

afoks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is carrying other's PR card outside Canada restricted?

No restrictions - it can be mailed, carried by third person or send by courier service.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

smrabbani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by afoks
No restrictions - it can be mailed, carried by third person or send by courier service.
Thanks
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:02 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by afoks
Do make sure that you use a safe means of sending the PR card. It is best to use a courier or someone who can bring it for you. It is a real hassle if it goes missing.

Warmly,

Frank