Just visiting

Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold
Default Just visiting

Just wondered if anyone has had experience along these lines.....

We've received our PR visas but we are considering going over to BC for 2 maybe 3 weeks, for semi-recce trip / holiday.

on our arrival, will the immigration authority be compelled to make us use our visa as if we're landing for the foreseeable future? or could we gain entry on the usual tourist route?

as we have over 6 months before we need to use our visas, we would prefer to sort ourselves out with a decent address at which we would remain if not forever, then for at least long enough for us to be sent our PR card.

I understand that we can enter / land and then leave whilst maintaining a foreign address, but with additional administration? I heard something along the lines of a 'right to return / to travel' form?

I am a little confused as to what our options might be, to ensure our future success when migrating....?

Cheers
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just visiting

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

i had read this. is it really so simple? i had understood that additional processes were required to enable you to come and go, especially once the PR visa had been used, but the PR card had not been collected.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sam K is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Just visiting

Hi!
V hv sum doubts w.r.t landing and request u 2 juz clarify / guide us..

V r plng 2 land by May-June'09, stay for a week and fly out w/o applying or obtaining SIN / Health Insurance / Bank Ac / rental lease agreement etc.

1. Can v use a temp. address / our friends address to receive the PR card & once it is mailed, they can send it to us later via registered post / courier?

2. Do v have to fill any forms and which agency do we need to inform if we intend flying out soon and coming back later in accordance to the PR requirements of 730 days in a 5 yr. period?

3. Since the PR cards will arrive only after 4-6 weeks from landing, is there any other card or certificate which will enable us to re-enter without having to apply for any kind of visa just incase we do not receive the PR cards on time or the cards being misplaced.

4. V intend carrying the settlement funds as 2K in cash + 10 K in DD, do we have to declare the amounts to customs and do we have to re-declare it while flying back?

5. Instead of DD can we bring in USD 6K in cash on each person (Myself + Spouse) and again how do we declare it while flying out?

Wud appreciate receiving ur comments...

Thanks & regards,
Sam
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:48 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam K
Hi!
V hv sum doubts w.r.t landing and request u 2 juz clarify / guide us..

V r plng 2 land by May-June'09, stay for a week and fly out w/o applying or obtaining SIN / Health Insurance / Bank Ac / rental lease agreement etc.

1. Can v use a temp. address / our friends address to receive the PR card & once it is mailed, they can send it to us later via registered post / courier?

2. Do v have to fill any forms and which agency do we need to inform if we intend flying out soon and coming back later in accordance to the PR requirements of 730 days in a 5 yr. period?

3. Since the PR cards will arrive only after 4-6 weeks from landing, is there any other card or certificate which will enable us to re-enter without having to apply for any kind of visa just incase we do not receive the PR cards on time or the cards being misplaced.

4. V intend carrying the settlement funds as 2K in cash + 10 K in DD, do we have to declare the amounts to customs and do we have to re-declare it while flying back?

5. Instead of DD can we bring in USD 6K in cash on each person (Myself + Spouse) and again how do we declare it while flying out?

Wud appreciate receiving ur comments...

Thanks & regards,
Sam
What a hideous post, I read it about three times and still have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

Maybe if you were to write it out again omitting the txt spk then people may be able to help you?
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinytears
What a hideous post, I read it about three times and still have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

Maybe if you were to write it out again omitting the txt spk then people may be able to help you?
So glad it wasn't just me, I read it earlier and gave up because I couldn't understand it! Thought I was just being horribly old and untrendy not getting it (but I'm only 32!).

Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So glad it wasn't just me, I read it earlier and gave up because I couldn't understand it! Thought I was just being horribly old and untrendy not getting it (but I'm only 32!).

Really kids today I despair (Elaineb 34 and barely understand a word either)
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:42 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Really kids today I despair (Elaineb 34 and barely understand a word either)

Well I thought it was an age thing being six months on the right side of 40 and asked my nearly 12 year old to translate and even she couldn't so maybe I'm not as old and decrepid as I originally thought!!!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:15 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up after the first 'sentence'.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I thought my brain had collapsed...! My Mother sends my texts like that and it takes me bloody ages to work out what she is on about - and my Mum is 66!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

i thought i had interweb-warped to myface / spacebook!

i theorise that 'v' means 'we' (precious nanoseconds saved when typing one character instead of two!)

but i sense that the overall query was similar to my initial post (he says trying to steer things back to the original).... in that once having used the PR visa, how free are you to come and go, even before receiving the PR card?

and how flexible can the mailing address (to which the PR card is sent) be?

LOL ZOMG ROFL!!!1!!!! et cetera.....
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paolosmythe
i thought i had interweb-warped to myface / spacebook!

i theorise that 'v' means 'we' (precious nanoseconds saved when typing one character instead of two!)

but i sense that the overall query was similar to my initial post (he says trying to steer things back to the original).... in that once having used the PR visa, how free are you to come and go, even before receiving the PR card?

and how flexible can the mailing address (to which the PR card is sent) be?

LOL ZOMG ROFL!!!1!!!! et cetera.....
Nope. Still didn't get it.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Just visiting

Well lemme (let me) bgin (begin) wid (with) a big sry (sorry) 2 (to) all ...

Juz (just) 2 mk (make) thngs (things) simplr (simpler) ... I'll (I will) try 2 repost my prvs (previous) post wid da (the) full forms gvn (given) widin (within) brckts (brackets) whrevr (where ever) applcbl (applicable).

Hi!
V (We) hv (have) sum (some) doubts w.r.t (with respect to) landing and request u 2 (to) juz (just) clarify / guide us..

V (We) r (are) plng 2 (to) land by May-June'09, stay for a week and fly out w/o (without) applying or obtaining SIN / Health Insurance / Bank Ac / rental lease agreement etc.

1. Can v (we) use a temp. (temporary) address / our friends address to receive the PR card & once it is mailed, they can send it to us later via registered post / courier?

2. Do v (we) have to fill any forms and which agency do we need to inform if we intend flying out soon and coming back later in accordance to the PR requirements of 730 days in a 5 yr. (year) period?

4. V (we) intend carrying the settlement funds as 2K (k=1000 / Thousand) in cash + 10 K in DD (Demand Draft), do we have to declare the amounts to customs and do we have to re-declare it while flying back?

5. Instead of DD (Demand Draft) can we bring in USD 6K (Six Thousand) in cash on each person (Myself + Spouse) and again how do we declare it while flying out?

Wud (would) appreciate receiving ur (your) comments...

Thnx (Thanks) & rgds (regards),
Sam

I guess itz juz me who spkz ths strnge lnguage or r thr othrs 2 outhr ??? hp u guyz njoyd readng .... LOL
Old Dec 18th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Just visiting

[QUOTE=paolosmythe;7076217]

Hey thr ...
ZOMG ROFL!!!1!!!! ...thtz sumthn i dunno ... mind explng?

tk cr... c yaa!

rgds,
Sam
Old Dec 18th 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I thought my brain had collapsed...! My Mother sends my texts like that and it takes me bloody ages to work out what she is on about - and my Mum is 66!
Hmnnn.... i m juz 35 n grwng ol

rgds 2 u & ur mum.

Tk care!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.