Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Visitor Visa - Mr. Miller Your Feedback Needed

Canadian Visitor Visa - Mr. Miller Your Feedback Needed

Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kismit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Visitor Visa - Mr. Miller Your Feedback Needed

Dear Mr. Miller, I'm a Canadian PR currently living in the US. This summer, I plan to visit Alaska on a cruise and want my mum, who is an Indian citizen and has been to the US a few times, to join me. She just got a 6 month visitor visa to Canada however it's single-entry even though we had applied for a multiple entry and given the reason. Now that she has a single entry visa, if we go from the US to Vancouver and take a "Vancouver Roundtrip" cruise from there, will she require a multiple entry visa since the cruise returns to Vancouver? Or her single entry visa will suffice?

Thanks.

Kismit
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:53 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Visitor Visa - Mr. Miller Your Feedback Needed

Originally Posted by Kismit
Dear Mr. Miller, I'm a Canadian PR currently living in the US. This summer, I plan to visit Alaska on a cruise and want my mum, who is an Indian citizen and has been to the US a few times, to join me. She just got a 6 month visitor visa to Canada however it's single-entry even though we had applied for a multiple entry and given the reason. Now that she has a single entry visa, if we go from the US to Vancouver and take a "Vancouver Roundtrip" cruise from there, will she require a multiple entry visa since the cruise returns to Vancouver? Or her single entry visa will suffice?

Thanks.

Kismit
That visa will suffice so long as she travels between Canada and the USA only.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

And providing that she returns to Canada before her original admission expires.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
That visa will suffice so long as she travels between Canada and the USA only.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kismit is an unknown quantity at this point

Super. Thank you for your timely and valuable feedback as usual.

Kismit

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
And providing that she returns to Canada before her original admission expires.