Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Spouse Sponsorship application - Police Check Inquiry

Wikiposts

Canadian Spouse Sponsorship application - Police Check Inquiry

Old May 13th 2014, 1:41 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Spouse Sponsorship application - Police Check Inquiry

Originally Posted by TheBaldricks
Ok - My head is spinning, haha!

Thank you for all that, I will keep all that in mind when going through everything tonight.

We have done both parts of the application, we are aware that its my part first as the sponsor then my Husbands and that its all sent together. :-)
Both checklists say you have to provide proof that your medical has been completed, FYI.

Good luck.
Old May 13th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

TheBaldricks is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok - So after taking a break from staring at forms, I have come back and understand it all now, lol.

My Husband is going to make an appointment tomorrow morning to have his medical done ASAP and we will also wait for the police report before sending it all away.

Thank you so much for your support. :-)
Old May 13th 2014, 3:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Both checklists say you have to provide proof that your medical has been completed, FYI.
Well spotted to you & Siouxie! I completely missed that in the first post.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 13th 2014 at 3:29 am.
Old May 13th 2014, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Canadian Spouse Sponsorship application - Police Check Inquiry

Your are all so great!
Old May 13th 2014, 3:35 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Well spotted to you & Siouxie! I completely missed that in the first post.
Credit goes to Miss Siouxie, actually - she spotted it first, I missed it on the first read!
Old May 15th 2014, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Just for your peace of mind, when my husband has his medical done (in Edinburgh), he managed to get an appointment very quickly and the results had all been processed in about a week. So it shouldn't delay you by much.
Old May 15th 2014, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Canadian Spouse Sponsorship application - Police Check Inquiry

Hi,

That does make me feel better, thanks! My Husband got an appointment for Tuesday, so that gives the police report time to arrive too. :-D
Old May 15th 2014, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBaldricks
Hi,

That does make me feel better, thanks! My Husband got an appointment for Tuesday, so that gives the police report time to arrive too. :-D
Double check, but I don't think you have to wait for results to send in the application - I think all you need is the piece of paper that confirms the medical has been done. So if your police certificate arrives before Tuesday, you should be good to send everything off really soon.
Old May 15th 2014, 3:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
Double check, but I don't think you have to wait for results to send in the application - I think all you need is the piece of paper that confirms the medical has been done. So if your police certificate arrives before Tuesday, you should be good to send everything off really soon.
Yep that's accurate! YOu don't wait for the results, the doctor will send the results directly to CIC. You just include the receipt that says you paid with your application; if you're otherwise ready, send it off Tuesday evening right after the appointment!
Old May 15th 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Canadian Spouse Sponsorship application - Police Check Inquiry

Awwww that's great, thanks guys!
Old May 16th 2014, 2:28 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Can i add that Mississauga is possibly the fastest office in Canada.

For Citizenship they processed me in 7 months, i met a guy who was done in 6 months, that's from the day the forms were sent, to ceremony, so i would think they would process this fast.
Old May 16th 2014, 2:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Can i add that Mississauga is possibly the fastest office in Canada.
It's not a visa office though, so has absolutely no relevance to the OP - at least, not for a few more years! The OP just has to send their Family Class application there, but then they're sent on to the visa office selected.
Old May 16th 2014, 2:39 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's not a visa office though, so has absolutely no relevance to the OP - at least, not for a few more years! The OP just has to send their Family Class application there, but then they're sent on to the visa office selected.
Ohh, well maybe they send it there fast then

Then it sits on a desk
Old May 18th 2014, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Police check arrived Friday! Husband has his medical tomorrow then hopefully it all gets posted Wednesday, so exciting!!!!
Old May 20th 2014, 1:04 am
Concierge

Awesome! Once you send off your application, you can join those in the holding pattern over in the Timeline for Spousal Sponsorship via London thread. I or one of the other editors can also add you to the spreadsheet - love having more data in there!

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.