Canadian PR Card

Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:27 am
Just Joined

salmanmcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian PR Card

Hi Moderator

My wife stayed in Canada for 2 years and 8 months and every year she visited Pakistan for 3 months .Her PR Card has folllowing details.

Date Entry : June 2007
Date Expiry : June 2012

She has to be back to Canada before the end of her card expiry date, now she is out of Canada for about 9 months as my father died and she has to stay here with family to take care of our ill parents.
Does this out of stay can cause any problem in her returning to Canada ?
Please let me know.

Sincerely,
Salman
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:43 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian PR Card

To maintain her PR status she has to be physically in Canada for at least two years out of every five years. This is for the first five years after landing, and for every rolling five year period afterwards.

As long as she has the two years out of five the fact that her PR card will expire does not mean she will lose her status. The card is evidence of PR status, not the status itself.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:48 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Although to renew it she will have to be in Canada I believe...
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

salmanmcs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
To maintain her PR status she has to be physically in Canada for at least two years out of every five years. This is for the first five years after landing, and for every rolling five year period afterwards.

As long as she has the two years out of five the fact that her PR card will expire does not mean she will lose her status. The card is evidence of PR status, not the status itself.
Thanks my friend, this is invaluable help !
I really appreciate your effort and time you spend in replying me.
Cheers !!!