Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Immigration new rules and Regs Bunac

Canadian Immigration new rules and Regs Bunac

Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

StableMaverick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Immigration new rules and Regs Bunac

Hello All,

First posting for me!! Hope everyone is well.

Me and my girlfriend are looking into making the "jump" and looking to go over to Canada on a 1 year Bunac Visa (only because of the new regulations relating to skills shortages and the "new list").

Can anyone confirm that since these new rules have been passed in Canada that they have successfully been granted a permanent full time job and a residency visa after only entering Canada on the Bunac 1yr temp working holiday Visa?

There are a few really good threads that have been posted prior to the changes made for immigration but i was just looking for an update, sorry again if you have answered this question many times before.

Thanks
Stable
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Immigration new rules and Regs Bunac

Originally Posted by StableMaverick
Hello All,

First posting for me!! Hope everyone is well.

Me and my girlfriend are looking into making the "jump" and looking to go over to Canada on a 1 year Bunac Visa (only because of the new regulations relating to skills shortages and the "new list").

Can anyone confirm that since these new rules have been passed in Canada that they have successfully been granted a permanent full time job and a residency visa after only entering Canada on the Bunac 1yr temp working holiday Visa?

There are a few really good threads that have been posted prior to the changes made for immigration but i was just looking for an update, sorry again if you have answered this question many times before.

Thanks
Stable
Hi Stable and welcome to the forum.

If you do a search of the forum (top right), you'll find that this has been discussed quite a few times before. There are certainly several people on here who have got PR after going via Bunac so yes, it is possible. The changes made to immigration won't affect what you are planning to do - if you were eligible for a SW with arranged employment visa before, you still would be.

It will depend however, on whether your skills are needed in Canada, and also the state of the employment market. Bear in mind that Canada is in recession too and there are an awful lot of Canadians looking for a job as well (and to get PR via a job offer your employer would have to prove that there is no Canadian who could do your job).

This Wiki article would be essential reading for you to give you the best chance of getting a permanent job offer............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Labour_Shortages

Best of luck.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

StableMaverick is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for that. From looking further i can also see that different provinces have different labour shortages, therefore in the field that i am in (Financial systems Developer) it might be a good route to go down, as it would be easier for employers to offer jobs of this nature for my skill set.

Seems there is still alot of people awaiting a decision on their applications for permenant residency therefore i think this might actually be the best route for us.

Thanks once again
Si
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

hi,

Proving that no Canadian is available to do the job is to get an Labour Market Opinion(LMO). if you get a job offer and if the employer is willing to do the paper work, you could get an Aarranged Employment Opinion(AEO), which will be sufficient to apply for PR. There is no need to prove non-availability to a Canadian for an AEO. it takes a little extra time, but it is a way in.

regs