canadian immigration (job offer)

Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

joe sod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canadian immigration (job offer)

I did the canadian immigration self assessment a while ago and found that I was 2 points short of the 67 points required to pass. I have worked in an approved job in the past as a software engineer in 2001. However because this experience is not recent I don't get enough points for this. Also I would be unlikely to get offered a job purely from this experience. However I am n canada on holidays and i was talking to a guy who assists in immigration. He was telling me that you can pay an intermediary to find you a job and get you a job offer. He says that all you need to qualify for the points is a job offer you don't have to prove that you will end up working for this company. When I looked at the self assesment question again I found that all they ask is do you have a job offer for your specified skilled experience. Does anyone have more information on this
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:52 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: canadian immigration (job offer)

Do not pay any money to scammers selling "job offers". In order to have points awarded for Arranged Employment job offer must have positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC and be also verifiable and accepted by visa post processing your PR application. Many job offers with positive AEO fail to pass verification by visa post and/or are rejected outright as coming from already known sources of fraudulent job offers.

Who told you that your job from 2001 won't count??? Same "guy who assists in immigration"? Ditch him promptly.

All work experience in skilled occupation(s) in past 10 years counts towards work experience. Seems that the "guy who assists in immigration" is trying to con you into paying "intermediary" for fradulent job offer.

Originally Posted by joe sod
I did the canadian immigration self assessment a while ago and found that I was 2 points short of the 67 points required to pass. I have worked in an approved job in the past as a software engineer in 2001. However because this experience is not recent I don't get enough points for this. Also I would be unlikely to get offered a job purely from this experience. However I am n canada on holidays and i was talking to a guy who assists in immigration. He was telling me that you can pay an intermediary to find you a job and get you a job offer. He says that all you need to qualify for the points is a job offer you don't have to prove that you will end up working for this company. When I looked at the self assesment question again I found that all they ask is do you have a job offer for your specified skilled experience. Does anyone have more information on this
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

joe sod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Do not pay any money to scammers selling "job offers". In order to have points awarded for Arranged Employment job offer must have positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC and be also verifiable and accepted by visa post processing your PR application. Many job offers with positive AEO fail to pass verification by visa post and/or are rejected outright as coming from already known sources of fraudulent job offers.

Who told you that your job from 2001 won't count??? Same "guy who assists in immigration"? Ditch him promptly.

All work experience in skilled occupation(s) in past 10 years counts towards work experience. Seems that the "guy who assists in immigration" is trying to con you into paying "intermediary" for fradulent job offer.
thanks for that info. Well we were just having a general conversation and the topic came up. He was in no way forceful, he just made me think about it thats all. I do get some points for my software experience. However I don't get enough points for this as I have not been working in skilled employment since then. What I really need is a job offer in this area if I am to qualify. I wonder is it possible to get a job offer conditional on some training that I do to brush up on skills.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:18 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you cannot use "conditional" job offer - you must fully qualify to perform job stated in the offer, otherwise both - HRSDC and visa post - will not accept it.

Originally Posted by joe sod
thanks for that info. Well we were just having a general conversation and the topic came up. He was in no way forceful, he just made me think about it thats all. I do get some points for my software experience. However I don't get enough points for this as I have not been working in skilled employment since then. What I really need is a job offer in this area if I am to qualify. I wonder is it possible to get a job offer conditional on some training that I do to brush up on skills.