Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Experience Class (Aircraft Technician 7315)

Canadian Experience Class (Aircraft Technician 7315)

Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Experience Class (Aircraft Technician 7315)

Hey guys,

Been in AB for just over a year now, working full time as a Gas Turbine Technician, for a company who do oil/gas and power turbines for various worldwide customers

I'm a time served Aircraft Engine Technician with an SVQ3 in Jet Engine overhaul/maintenance and an HND in Manufacturing Engineering.

I'm on a TWP gained via an LMO which the company applied for, and my work permit has me down as Aircraft/Turbine Mechanical & Inspection technician.

Now, i've been looking into the various routes for gaining PR.

I know the company can sponsor me for this, and it would probably be the easiest route to go, but i've emailed the powers that be a couple times over the last couple weeks and keep getting passed from pillar to post or told they'll get back to me...

so basically i've looked at doing it myself thru the AINP stream, and i'm confused a bit.

Looking at the "List" and such like on the AB immigration site, it appears my profession with NOC code is on both the Skilled and the Semi-Skilled stream.

Would I be correct in thinking that for the semi-skilled stream i need my employer to sponsor me? Or is this true for both streams since i'm already working here?

Any advice or other pointers? Just don't want to be in the same position next year with a few months to go on my work permit and then everything to be a mad rush and have to go home for a few months because it runs out before i get PR. (This has happened to colleagues of mine, luckily we have a UK site they can work at)

Thanks team!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AINP

Originally Posted by haggis88
Hey guys,

Been in AB for just over a year now, working full time as a Gas Turbine Technician, for a company who do oil/gas and power turbines for various worldwide customers

I'm a time served Aircraft Engine Technician with an SVQ3 in Jet Engine overhaul/maintenance and an HND in Manufacturing Engineering.

I'm on a TWP gained via an LMO which the company applied for, and my work permit has me down as Aircraft/Turbine Mechanical & Inspection technician.

Now, i've been looking into the various routes for gaining PR.

I know the company can sponsor me for this, and it would probably be the easiest route to go, but i've emailed the powers that be a couple times over the last couple weeks and keep getting passed from pillar to post or told they'll get back to me...

so basically i've looked at doing it myself thru the AINP stream, and i'm confused a bit.

Looking at the "List" and such like on the AB immigration site, it appears my profession with NOC code is on both the Skilled and the Semi-Skilled stream.

Would I be correct in thinking that for the semi-skilled stream i need my employer to sponsor me? Or is this true for both streams since i'm already working here?

Any advice or other pointers? Just don't want to be in the same position next year with a few months to go on my work permit and then everything to be a mad rush and have to go home for a few months because it runs out before i get PR. (This has happened to colleagues of mine, luckily we have a UK site they can work at)

Thanks team!
Aircraft/Turbine Mechanical & Inspection technician is classed as NOC code 7315 - which is "B" = skilled. and http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=7315

You have several options available to you.

1) Federal Skilled Worker (trades) - no sub cap on 7315 - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp - with job offer
2) Canadian Experience Class - 1 year work experience in Canada, with job offer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
3) Alberta Provincial Nomination (through your employer) - skilled worker

You can't put yourself forward for AINP, unfortunately, you have to be sponsored by your company for nomination.

Have a read through the 3 different ways and see which you think would be easiest for you, then come back and ask more questions.

Once you receive confirmation that your application is being processed (which ever stream you go for) you will be able to get a bridging work permit if you are near the end of your present one.

Old Sep 15th 2013, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks for that Siouxie, i hadn't even thought of the CEC

I'll give the company another couple of weeks to get back to me about starting the process (i'd rather they paid the $550 than me ) and then I'll get the stuff together for applying!

Hope my mum knows where my birth certificate is, because i didn't bring it with me
Old Sep 17th 2013, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Okay, after going through the CEC info package and the forms etc I have 3 questions:

1) It states I need to provide IELTS results. I remember reading that I can supply proof of secondary/post-secondary education in English, but it doesn't physically say this on the form. So do I need to take an IELTS test? (Surely to hell not as a native English speaker!?)

2) It says "up-to-date" letters of reference from your employers of the last three years with certain info. I have this letter from my last employer in the UK (2006-2012) and it's dated for July 2012, containing all the required data, would this be considered "up-to-date" enough or would it need to be dated closer to the date of application for PR?

3) With regards to the 6 photographs, is it 6 copies of the same photo? 5 dated and one not?

Also, could a mod maybe change the title to Canadian Experience Class/Alberta/Engineer Applicant or something?

TIA
haggis
Old Sep 18th 2013, 1:51 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, after going through the CEC info package and the forms etc I have 3 questions:

1) It states I need to provide IELTS results. I remember reading that I can supply proof of secondary/post-secondary education in English, but it doesn't physically say this on the form. So do I need to take an IELTS test? (Surely to hell not as a native English speaker!?)

2) It says "up-to-date" letters of reference from your employers of the last three years with certain info. I have this letter from my last employer in the UK (2006-2012) and it's dated for July 2012, containing all the required data, would this be considered "up-to-date" enough or would it need to be dated closer to the date of application for PR?

3) With regards to the 6 photographs, is it 6 copies of the same photo? 5 dated and one not?

Also, could a mod maybe change the title to Canadian Experience Class/Alberta/Engineer Applicant or something?

TIA
haggis
You will need IELTS for CEC regardless of whether you are from the UK or not. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ge-testing.asp

Regarding the work references, have a read of the guide as it has useful info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5609ETOC.asp If you are applying under CEC you will need details of your current employment:

"... Write the details of your work experience in Canada.

List your occupations within the 3 years preceding the date your application is made starting with your current occupation. List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.

For each occupation listed, provide the following details:

the period of employment,
the appropriate NOC code and occupation description,
the name of your employer(s),
a description of your main duties, and
the number of hours you worked per week...."

It is 6 copies of the same photo.

I changed it for you
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: AINP/Canadian Experience Class/Alberta/Engineer Applicant

chances of getting a cancellation space on any of the exams?

there's no open spaces until November! :-|
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 6:32 pm
Banned

chances of getting a cancellation space on any of the exams?

there's no open spaces until November! :-|
That's true for CELPIP, but IELTS have spaces from September if you wanted to take that instead http://www.ieltscalgary.ca/
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That's true for CELPIP, but IELTS have spaces from September if you wanted to take that instead http://www.ieltscalgary.ca/
none for the general test on either until November!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

First I laughed, then I got annoyed a bit, then I thought "****it"

I have to apply for a test, as a native UK Citizen, to prove I can speak/read/write/listen to English, yet this this email is from the people who run the official test.

The irony is abundant
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Passed the IELTS, band 9, like I already assumed i would be

On the document checklist, it says "supporting evidence can include paystubs and work contracts"

how many paystubs is acceptable to send? i was thinking 2, and then a copy of my contract.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Also, I can't seem to locate my "T451 Notice Of Assessment", which is weird because I had it a couple of weeks ago to check my RRSP contribution limit

Is this a necessity or is the T4 acceptable on its own?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:05 pm
Banned

Also, I can't seem to locate my "T451 Notice Of Assessment", which is weird because I had it a couple of weeks ago to check my RRSP contribution limit

Is this a necessity or is the T4 acceptable on its own?
You can log in to http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/ or http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce.../menu-eng.html and print one off I believe.

Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

doesn't let you reprint the T451E, you have to call for that...luckily i had a copy still in my email sent items, so i just printed that

is it worth sending the application on a recorded delivery or will regular post be fine?
Old Nov 29th 2013, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Mailed the application today...weighed a whopping .276kg

I checked on the CIC website just to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and it seems that there's a cap of 12,000 applications for PR via CEC on NOC "B" level occupations, with each subset being capped at 200

hope i've gotten sent mine in time! :O

Siouxie/Mods...could you change the thread title again please, perhaps Canadian Experience Class (Aircraft Technician 7315) or something?
Old Nov 29th 2013, 1:48 am
Banned

Mailed the application today...weighed a whopping .276kg

I checked on the CIC website just to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and it seems that there's a cap of 12,000 applications for PR via CEC on NOC "B" level occupations, with each subset being capped at 200

hope i've gotten sent mine in time! :O

Siouxie/Mods...could you change the thread title again please, perhaps Canadian Experience Class (Aircraft Technician 7315) or something?
Done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.