Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In Canada Spousal - landing interview details

In Canada Spousal - landing interview details

Old Aug 17th 2005, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road
Default In Canada Spousal - landing interview details

Got my PR (Inland Sposal) today here is the details of the interview:

I arrived early and was slotted in straight away. The officer had my confirmation of permanent residence form ready and we went through it step by step checking that all the details were correct. He checked my passport, birth certificate and work visas. Then he asked me if I have ever been convicted of a serious crime in Canada? I answered "NO" and had to write no and my initials next to it. He also asked me if I have ever been refused entry to Canada or gained entry to Canada illegally. Again No, wrote it and initialed it. He took the photographs that I had taken, stuck one to the bottom of th COPR form, and I was asked to sign in the box. That part was detatched and sent off so that they can prepare my PR Card, which will be mailed to me in 1 month.

My wife had to be present there, but he didn't ask her any questions (which is not to say that at your interview this will happen).

That was it, he shook my hand and said congratulations, you are now as of this moment a permanent resident of Canada. He also said that PR can be revoked at any time if I commit a serious crime, he also informed me of the minimun number of days I must reside in Canada to upkeep my PR.

Start to finish under 10 minutes.

It felt great to hear those words "you are now a permanent resident of Canada".

Good luck everyone.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In Canada Spousal - landing interview details

Originally Posted by MarkS
Got my PR (Inland Sposal) today here is the details of the interview:

I arrived early and was slotted in straight away. The officer had my confirmation of permanent residence form ready and we went through it step by step checking that all the details were correct. He checked my passport, birth certificate and work visas. Then he asked me if I have ever been convicted of a serious crime in Canada? I answered "NO" and had to write no and my initials next to it. He also asked me if I have ever been refused entry to Canada or gained entry to Canada illegally. Again No, wrote it and initialed it. He took the photographs that I had taken, stuck one to the bottom of th COPR form, and I was asked to sign in the box. That part was detatched and sent off so that they can prepare my PR Card, which will be mailed to me in 1 month.

My wife had to be present there, but he didn't ask her any questions (which is not to say that at your interview this will happen).

That was it, he shook my hand and said congratulations, you are now as of this moment a permanent resident of Canada. He also said that PR can be revoked at any time if I commit a serious crime, he also informed me of the minimun number of days I must reside in Canada to upkeep my PR.

Start to finish under 10 minutes.

It felt great to hear those words "you are now a permanent resident of Canada".

Good luck everyone.
Oh wow that is wonderful!. May i ask where you had the interview at..?
I am so excited for you and for myself too i must admit as i am getting closer all the time to hearing those words too.

i have been in canada since Feb/2005 and at the end of this month will apply for candian police clearance as i will have been living here for over 6 months....did you have a canadian police clearance done..? and if so can you tell me how long it took for that to come through..? thanks..and again congratulations.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Oh wow that is wonderful!. May i ask where you had the interview at..?
I am so excited for you and for myself too i must admit as i am getting closer all the time to hearing those words too.

i have been in canada since Feb/2005 and at the end of this month will apply for candian police clearance as i will have been living here for over 6 months....did you have a canadian police clearance done..? and if so can you tell me how long it took for that to come through..? thanks..and again congratulations.
Gatineau QC is my local CIC office. Very pleasant experience, the officer was very nice.

I have my RCMP clearance. I went and had my fingerprints taken and sent to the RCMP 3-4 months ahead of applying because I found out that they take 150 days to process the fingerprints, so I wanted them to have them at CIC vegreville ASAP after my application arrived. I would get them ASAP if I were you, I don't know the current processing time for fingerprints at the moment but it could be in the region of 150 days. I also got my medicals done beforehand. The best way to avoid processing delays is to get everything before applying. The only thing I didn't get was the CSQ and that held me back by 4 months.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Gatineau QC is my local CIC office. Very pleasant experience, the officer was very nice.

I have my RCMP clearance. I went and had my fingerprints taken and sent to the RCMP 3-4 months ahead of applying because I found out that they take 150 days to process the fingerprints, so I wanted them to have them at CIC vegreville ASAP after my application arrived. I would get them ASAP if I were you, I don't know the current processing time for fingerprints at the moment but it could be in the region of 150 days. I also got my medicals done beforehand. The best way to avoid processing delays is to get everything before applying. The only thing I didn't get was the CSQ and that held me back by 4 months.
thankyou so much for the information. I am applying for Canadian Fingerprint?police clearance next week. I have been in Canada for 6 months this Friday!
So was unable to obtain before now. MY PR application was sent 2 months ago..so i estimate at the minimum i have 4-5months wait for that to come through ..i pray the Canadian police clearance will be back in time..*S*
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

just checked and it says 150days with variables.. :scared: