Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is this Canada! Safest place Canada

Is this Canada! Safest place Canada

Old Jun 12th 2001, 10:52 pm
Mecoolbaby

I am a landed immigrant in Canada from US.

There are so many things I have seen in canada. There are many places in Canada where
you should not go after 8:00PM. Specially "China Town". reason You will get robbed. I
have seen so many theft in Toronto. My girlfriend's old grandfather house was broken
and robbed. When they call 911, police arrived after half an hour because it was not
an emergency and their things were already been stolen. Poor guy
!. I heard people saying in Toronto that you just get robbed not
killed !!!

People drive fast and unsafe in canada. Hundreds of people die in road accident every
year, mostly because of fast driving. What is traffic police is doing !

Old Jun 13th 2001, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default canada safe??

right! i have a good suggestion for you---if you are a landed immigrant there and don't think its any good (i've been reading your crap about bad health system, etc), why don't you get the hell outta there and go back to the place you came from, and give some other genuine immigrant a chance? surely if its that bad in canada, why would you be staying there........??????
Old Jun 13th 2001, 10:53 am
Burak Ataman

You maybe tell the truth. But you write also " safest " . This does not mean 100%
safe. Do you know a country where there is 100% safety or a 100% problem free health
system. If you know tell me please because I have just sent my PR application. Maybe
I could change my mind. But I have visited Canada and found it the best place to live
compared to other 49 countries I have visited before.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com

Old Jun 13th 2001, 6:19 pm
Peter

If you read the news recently, you'll find so many disturbing news on crimes against
children. It is not safe for children. Parent better not take perceived Canadian
safety for granted.

Peter

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> I am a landed immigrant in Canada from US.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> There are so many things I have seen in canada. There are many places in Canada[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> where you should not go after 8:00PM. Specially "China Town". reason You will get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> robbed. I have seen so many theft in Toronto. My girlfriend's old grandfather[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> house was broken and robbed. When they call 911, police arrived after half an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> hour because it was not an emergency and their things were already been stolen.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Poor guy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> !. I heard people saying in Toronto that you just get robbed not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> killed !!![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> People drive fast and unsafe in canada. Hundreds of people die in road accident[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> every year, mostly because of fast driving. What is traffic police is doing ![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 14th 2001, 5:20 am
Kaix

what are the crimes like In canada ? If its compared to the US or indeed with the Oz
or Nz how safe is Canada ?

Old Jun 15th 2001, 2:48 am
wzombie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

I live in Chinatown in Toronto. I walk around fine after 8:00pm, have never had a
problem. I follow common sense practices, and take the usual precautions.

>

"Robbery" is the forcible theft of something by threat or violence. Sounds more like
"break, enter and commit."

>
    >

The police will respond with lights and sirens anytime there is a serious crime in
progress. However, this is sometimes subject to how busy they are. Downtown
Toronto, 14 division in particular (where Chinatown is) is the busiest police
division in the country without fail. However, I know several officers there, all
of them would drop what they are doing to attend a "hot shot" such as a B&E in
progress if they are able. In fact, my friend just last week made three arrests
when he happened to be in the right place at the right time when a homeowner awoke
to find a burglar in his apt.

>
    >
    >
    >

They drive fast and unsafe everywhere, but Toronto in bad in particular... I agree.

>
    >

Traffic police are worried only about collecting revenue, it seems. I concede
the roads are unsafe. However, many, many countries have much worse -- Portugal
comes to mind.

Old Jun 15th 2001, 3:26 am
Peter

Any idea why Canada has so much break-in/home invasion but so few homicides?

[usenetquote2]>> I am a landed immigrant in Canada from US.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> There are so many things I have seen in canada. There are many places in Canada[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> where you should not go after 8:00PM. Specially "China Town". reason You will get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> robbed. I have seen so many theft in[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> Toronto. My girlfriend's old grandfather house was broken and robbed.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> When they call 911, police arrived after half an hour because it was not an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> emergency and their things were already been stolen. Poor guy[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> !. I heard people saying in Toronto that you just get robbed not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> killed !!![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> People drive fast and unsafe in canada. Hundreds of people die in road[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> accident every year, mostly because of fast driving. What is traffic police is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> doing ![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 16th 2001, 4:23 am
Alex Oren

in message

} } > People drive fast and unsafe in canada. Hundreds of people die in road } } They
drive fast and unsafe everywhere, but Toronto in bad in particular... I } agree.

I do not.

After a year in Toronto, I went to my home country for a short visit. Driving there
reminded me how much safer I am on a Canadian road.

Have fun, Alex.

--
My email address is intentionally mangled to foil spambots. Please remove the
"---filter---" from the address for replying. Sorry for the inconvenience.