Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada Place in Edmonton - our landing experience!

Canada Place in Edmonton - our landing experience!

Old Jul 21st 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Place in Edmonton - our landing experience!

Originally Posted by rabrol
First of all great news that your passports & papers came back!!
Secondly, an apology. I specifically checked the opening hours with them yesterday. I had meant to post the details of them being open 9am-3pm MDT each day, but I completely forgot. Sorry about that Linda

Hopefully all will go well for you on Monday. I guess it won't be the usual Monday feeling when you wake up
You don't have to apologise it's not your fault......but thank you anyway!!

Can't wait untill Monday......it's going to be a nice feeling

Linda
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 8:35 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

PR at last Linda...............................great news bud.
We just got back from the UK, got your message, will call next week, just not Monday as you'll be a little over excited !!!

Congrats to Rob too. Nice feeling to be a PR isn't it !
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:42 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Rob on your PR status - talk about the luck of the Irish - well nearly,you know what I mean
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alvic
Congratulations Rob on your PR status - talk about the luck of the Irish - well nearly,you know what I mean
Aye, the good 'ole Irish charm works every time
In fact the head teacher at my old school (Down High) once commented to my folks that its a shame I couldn't take A-levels in humour, wit & charm as I would surely get all A's

Hang in there....it'll soon be your turn to catch the flight!
Rob
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

We have officially ' landed' at Canada Place today

Very easy, just as robrol said..... just waited in line and the nice lady called us through, checked our paperwork, got us to sign that all the details were correct, explained that if we were naughty we could still be deported and that was it....welcome to Canada!!!!

It feels GREAT !!!!!

One thing to mention, when we first arrived we were told by the lady at the desk that they usually dealt with 'landings' on a Thursday, but as it wasn't busy they allowed us to do it!!!

Linda
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Linda P
We have officially ' landed' at Canada Place today

Very easy, just as robrol said..... just waited in line and the nice lady called us through, checked our paperwork, got us to sign that all the details were correct, explained that if we were naughty we could still be deported and that was it....welcome to Canada!!!!

It feels GREAT !!!!!

One thing to mention, when we first arrived we were told by the lady at the desk that they usually dealt with 'landings' on a Thursday, but as it wasn't busy they allowed us to do it!!!

Linda
Well done and many congratulations Glad it worked better than Friday
We're still on a high about it!!! I've been telling people at work today, and passing on details of the new SIN to accounts of course!

See you when you get back from Cloud 9
Rob
Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:40 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rabrol and family

Great feelin init being a PR after all those years / months waiting

Again CONGRATS all round

Eddie