Canada passport renewal from US

Old Feb 21st 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

kommas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada passport renewal from US

Hello,

Can some one pls reply to my below queries.

1. Who I should choose as a guarantor? Does he/she need to be canadian citizen? or can he a US citizen?

2. For Citizen ship proof can I submit the citizen ship card or do I need to submit Canadian Citizen ship Certificate? If I have to submit the Canadian Citizen ship certificate I have "Large commemorative documents of citizenship issued after Feb 14 1977". So do I need to apply for one? If yes how?

Pls let me know.

Regards.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada passport renewal from US

I applied for my first Canadian passport abroad (UK) and my guarantor was not a Canadian citizen. They can't expect Canadian citizens in the relevant professions to be known to us and conveniently on hand around the world.

Citizenship certificate is your small plastic laminated card. I don't know why they call it a certificate, it's confusing, but confirmation is here. The commemorative certificates are not acceptable.

Originally Posted by kommas
Hello,

Can some one pls reply to my below queries.

1. Who I should choose as a guarantor? Does he/she need to be canadian citizen? or can he a US citizen?

2. For Citizen ship proof can I submit the citizen ship card or do I need to submit Canadian Citizen ship Certificate? If I have to submit the Canadian Citizen ship certificate I have "Large commemorative documents of citizenship issued after Feb 14 1977". So do I need to apply for one? If yes how?

Pls let me know.

Regards.

Last edited by Biiiiink; Feb 21st 2008 at 10:34 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There may be information at http://www.ppt.gc.ca
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the information.

In case of gurantor, I think there are seperate rules for Canadians residing in Canada,USA and abroad. In your case I think it is true to go with any one other than a Canada citizen holds but I am not sure if the same is true in case of the Canadians residing in US.

So if any one can clarify that, it would be great.

Regards.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kommas

In case of gurantor, I think there are seperate rules for Canadians residing in Canada,USA and abroad. In your case I think it is true to go with any one other than a Canada citizen holds but I am not sure if the same is true in case of the Canadians residing in US.

So if any one can clarify that, it would be great.

Regards.
For applicants living in the US, it says guarantors must be US or Canadian citizens. Like I said, they can't expect you to know a friendly Canadian in every corner of the world

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/section2-o.aspx?lang=eng
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
For applicants living in the US, it says guarantors must be US or Canadian citizens. Like I said, they can't expect you to know a friendly Canadian in every corner of the world

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/cdn/section2-o.aspx?lang=eng

1. In the form they said the fee is $97 CAD dollars and in some other site they said it is $100 dollars. In the form they also specified the fee is subject to change so do I need to specify the amount as $97 or will it be a problem if I specify more.

2. How do they return the passports do I need to enclose any return mail or will they take care of sending it to us. If yes then do they send it by regular mail or courier.

Regards
Srivani