Canada - Love it or Leave it!!

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 5:15 am
no

All the politically-correct, left-wing propaganda in this country is getting out of
hand. This has never been more evident than at this time of crisis, when a vocal
minority of Canadians are heard whining about any mention of support for the US. It
is time for the majority of true patriotic Canadians to take this country back. Years
of Liberal government have led to the steady erosion of the Canadian military and law
enforcement agencies. Driven by the agenda of social activists, homosexuals, ethnic
communities and other special interest groups, the Canadian government and its prime
minister are an embarrassment to the vast majority of Canadians. Never before has
there been so many statements like "I am ashamed to be a Canadian" as there has been
during the past week, with the governments limp-wristed response to the US terror
attacks and the disgraceful, taxpayer-funded CBC "town hall" meeting last Thursday
night. Let's take this country back. Let's make Canada what it once was. Send a
letter to Jean Chretien and your MP and tell him how outraged you are by his lack of
action and support. Demand some reforms to tighten up our insane immigration
policies. Demand some long-overdue support for the Canadian military, law enforcement
and security agencies. Demand that he offer unequivocal support to the US when he
visits Washington next Tuesday. Actions speak louder than words Jean. Let's see you
do the right thing. To those who don't like it, I suggest that you might try
emigrating to Afghanistan. Canada - love it or leave it!!

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 6:10 am
Alex Oren

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I would think that any man who uses such strong words would have the courage to
post under his real name instead of hiding behind his computer in Ottawa like a
bona fide coward.

Alex.

--
My email address is intentionally mangled to foil spambots. For replying, remove the
"-decoy" from the address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 6:21 am
Serge

Ditto here from Montreal...

Serge

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 23rd 2001, 11:32 am
Blindog

I would have to agree with your point on the CBC Townhall: it was an acute
embarassement. An orgy of moral relativism! However, the root cause of this is the
absolute and prisitne isolation of of many "intellectual" Canadians from any real
conflict. A reality check is hard to come by in Toronto sushi bars

BD

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 25th 2001, 5:55 am
Gary L. Dare

I would have to agree with your point on the CBC Townhall:
    >

It was assembled at the last minute and with working people preferring to be home
with their families (of all persuasion), it was no surprise that social activist,
anti-globalization types who live in the vicinity of CBC's downtown Toronto studioes
stuffed the audience and overrepresented themselves. There were no ordinary
Calgarians, Winnipeggers, etc. via satellite nor streaming videoconferencing. Heck,
it wasn't even a Toronto town hall since voices north of Bloor Street were absent
from the audience.

By the way, the panelists were 3:1 pro-War Against Terror with all those folks from
the U of T's Munk Centre and the Institute for Strategic Studies (York?). It seems
that everyone is fixated on that voluptuous journalism student from Ryerson who was
loud and strident ...

--
Gary L. Dare [email protected]

New Yorker, Once & Always