Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

In Canada, into second IEC visa, LOST PASSPORT, WORK PERMIT, SIN

In Canada, into second IEC visa, LOST PASSPORT, WORK PERMIT, SIN

Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Canada, into second IEC visa, LOST PASSPORT, WORK PERMIT, SIN

HI

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Typical Govt workers
Personally I would go back to the CIC office and ask to make an appointment to see a CIC officer. A reprint of a work permit can be done in 10 minutes. Ask to speak to a Supervisor if necessary and stress to them that its important and you cannot wait 4 weeks and not be working. If all else fails take a trip to the Halifax Intl Airport and ask to speak to a CBSA Superintendent (Canada Customs). Explain to them your ordeal and ask them if they will consider reprinting a copy of your work permit. Have some ID with you.
Note the OP doesn't have any ID.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

Note the OP doesn't have any ID.
Not originals but he has copies of his passport bio data page, SIN and work permit and probably a copy of the police report.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Incanadawithproblem is an unknown quantity at this point

I may actually do that, I appreciate the advice.

I did finally get some reassuring news today, I called back the CiC and explained everything to them and after checking with her supervisor the lady confirmed that I was still completely legal to work and that, if necessary, I could provide my copies of documents to a potential employer and that if we called CiC together, they could confirm the validity of my work permit down the phone.

Having said that, it would be an enormous relief to just have the thing, so I may well attempt the route FL has outlined. Thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Not originals but he has copies of his passport bio data page, SIN and work permit and probably a copy of the police report.
The policeman did not give me a copy of the report but gave me a card which included the report number and also his name and badge number which he said could be used to confirm.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Typical Govt workers
Personally I would go back to the CIC office and ask to make an appointment to see a CIC officer. A reprint of a work permit can be done in 10 minutes. Ask to speak to a Supervisor if necessary and stress to them that its important and you cannot wait 4 weeks and not be working. If all else fails take a trip to the Halifax Intl Airport and ask to speak to a CBSA Superintendent (Canada Customs). Explain to them your ordeal and ask them if they will consider reprinting a copy of your work permit. Have some ID with you.
I actually did the later, and the CBSA officer was very sympathetic and said he wished he could help but unfortunately he could not as he could only issue documents for international arrivals. I guess I am waiting it out at the mercy of the CiC.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Incanadawithproblem
I actually did the later, and the CBSA officer was very sympathetic and said he wished he could help but unfortunately he could not as he could only issue documents for international arrivals. I guess I am waiting it out at the mercy of the CiC.
Well not all have common sense in unique situations. Yes he was correct in saying that documents are only issued to those seeking entry i.e. entering Canada but I can absolutely attest its been done before for one off situations.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Well not all have common sense in unique situations. Yes he was correct in saying that documents are only issued to those seeking entry i.e. entering Canada but I can absolutely attest its been done before for one off situations.
I guess I was just unlucky in who I came across, maybe also I didnt explain myself well enough, though he seemed genuinely sympathetic.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

jenn19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Are you able to get your passport done on a fast track service? My partner done this when his was running out over here. You can get it in about 1 week it'll cost a bit extra but I think its worth it in your situation.

I would try the CIC office again and speak with another person as I would think they could issue you with a replacement visa. I would express the issues you are having due to not having it.

Do you have a drivers licence as couldn't this be used as id along with your bank card?

I hope it all works out as sounds like a big headache!