Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada: a 2nd world country with a 3rd world buracracy!!!

Canada: a 2nd world country with a 3rd world buracracy!!!

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

zico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada: a 2nd world country with a 3rd world buracracy!!!

What the f-ck is this? I feel like I am immigrating to Zimbabwe...Actually, Zimbabwe seems more organized and timely than Canada....Can you guys believe I am going on my 3rd year ever since I submitted my app in April 15, 2002?!!! Is this real? To add insult to injury, my AOR was sent 6 months later in october, 2002...Wow...I can't find words to describe this utter abomination...They have absolutely no excuse...absolutely none...this just says volumes about the Canadian people...slow, lazy, unorganized, dumb and dumber.....What are they doing exactly with our papers? I mean you would think a "developed" country like Canada with a consulate within another "developed" country like USA to be a little technologically adept and more sophisticated when it comes to paper processing or anything...Apparently not...Actually, I am disappointed with the whole process....to say the least...I mean do these people at the consulate realize how much bad rep they are giving their country? That's besides all the potential good immigrants that will turn their heads to other countries where their immigration staff knows how to read and write....

Over 3 years to process the application of a single guy?!!!!!!!!!They must be bunch of morons out there....or maybe the cold weather has frozen their brain cells...God damn them for good....
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

abrau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada: a 2nd world country with a 3rd world buracracy!!!

Zico, calm down man. If you search in this forum the word "PATIENCE"
you'll find out that this has been mentioned a lot of times in the previous posts. My point is, in matters like this you need a lot of patience more than ever or else you'll lose all your hair early. :scared:
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by abrau
you'll find out that this has been mentioned a lot of times in the previous posts. My point is, in matters like this you need a lot of patience more than ever or else you'll lose all your hair early. :scared:
Actually Zico, you will find that PATIENCE is one of the skills been tested for by CIC. You have come a long way and should hang in there!

Calm down have a drink on a second thought, have a few drinks

Have you tried getting in touch with the Visa Office or requested the CAIPS?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Zico,

I too have a similar timeline like you. In fact, I transferred my file to Buffalo in Feb 2002. I already crossed 3 years mark way back and heading to cross the 4th year (since my original date of application is Jun 2001) very soon.

I too do not have any idea as to why it is taking so long to conclude the sec/background checks. Anyway, it would be better if we keep cool and wait pateintly for the last stage of the process.

Would you mind to tell about your nationality? FYI: I am from India and has been living in Canada since Sep 2001.

Originally Posted by zico
What the f-ck is this? I feel like I am immigrating to Zimbabwe...Actually, Zimbabwe seems more organized and timely than Canada....Can you guys believe I am going on my 3rd year ever since I submitted my app in April 15, 2002?!!! Is this real? To add insult to injury, my AOR was sent 6 months later in october, 2002...Wow...I can't find words to describe this utter abomination...They have absolutely no excuse...absolutely none...this just says volumes about the Canadian people...slow, lazy, unorganized, dumb and dumber.....What are they doing exactly with our papers? I mean you would think a "developed" country like Canada with a consulate within another "developed" country like USA to be a little technologically adept and more sophisticated when it comes to paper processing or anything...Apparently not...Actually, I am disappointed with the whole process....to say the least...I mean do these people at the consulate realize how much bad rep they are giving their country? That's besides all the potential good immigrants that will turn their heads to other countries where their immigration staff knows how to read and write....

Over 3 years to process the application of a single guy?!!!!!!!!!They must be bunch of morons out there....or maybe the cold weather has frozen their brain cells...God damn them for good....
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Zico,

I too have a similar timeline like you. In fact, I transferred my file to Buffalo in Feb 2002. I already crossed 3 years mark way back and heading to cross the .
where did you transfer it from ?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Pl see the signature part for all the details. Anyway, I transferred the file from New Delhi to Buffalo in Feb 2002.

Originally Posted by Canadaproject
where did you transfer it from ?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:05 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

I agree with kki6.

relax,

Try som IET: Breathe in......check e/cas......breathe out.

We all feel for you, but there is no use, just hang in there buddy.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I missed this thread...just wonder why you consider Canada a 2nd world country? Maybe it's a typo and you meant 1st

B
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

SKBT8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Canada: a 2nd world country with a 3rd world buracracy!!!

Originally Posted by abrau

They should be "PATIENCE" as well when they request things from applicants?

SKBT8

Last edited by SKBT8; Mar 25th 2005 at 7:18 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

viperrt10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I know you are venting dude, BUT 2nd World country?

Do you know that for the US the green card immigration process for "a single guy" under skilled worker takes 5-6 years at least? Does it make them a 3rd world country?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

talat999 is an unknown quantity at this point

OCTOBER 2000)Had applied to CHC damascus Syria and got AOR and advised not to contact before 24 months.
(November 2002)sent Fax for status
( November 2002) advised to wait until february 2003 & send fax again in February 2003.
(Feb 2003) Sent fax again for Status.
(Feb 2003) Advised me to fullfill the requirements under new law and advised me to send 1 and 3 schedule within 4 months I had submitted the forms and also I fill application of my child and my wife and pay the sum of
CAD $ 700 , as Fee.. after one month I received the receipt of fee.
(august 2003) I also submitted the TRANSCRIPT OF IELTS that have been received by me in the mid of (August 2003).
Earlier i submitted (to embassy) the English Language proficiency certificate instead of IELTS because I could not get the test date of IELTS.
(January 2004) I received letter from Embassy in reply to my fax about the status of my application, they said that your case Is still under study.
(september 2004 ) File has been transfered to CHC islambad due to program intergrity as I AM CITIZEN of PAKISTAN.
( October 2004) got letter to submit original documents and ielts within 90 days
(January 2005) Documents submitted in originals along with identity & civil status documents , bank certification letter etc.

(02 march 2005)Employment organization changed on 15 feb 2005 , new reference letter sent to CHC Islamabad

STILL WAITING!! @}
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by viperrt10
Ok I know you are venting dude, BUT 2nd World country?

Do you know that for the US the green card immigration process for "a single guy" under skilled worker takes 5-6 years at least? Does it make them a 3rd world country?
I do think the US is an undevelloped country in many ways, compared with Canada .Look at health care ,social security system and education . Not to mention the mid west where schoolteachers are not allowed to teach the evolution theory because a bunch of catholic fanatics aren't accepting anything but the fact that the universe was created in 7 days flat. :scared:
Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:17 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
I do think the US is an undevelloped country in many ways, compared with Canada .Look at health care ,social security system and education . Not to mention the mid west where schoolteachers are not allowed to teach the evolution theory because a bunch of catholic fanatics aren't accepting anything but the fact that the universe was created in 7 days flat. :scared:
Hey Jesuit,

They are called Southern Baptists, but scary never the less :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:27 am
Just Joined

beavis is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada is one of the few countries in Western Hemisphere with an Open immigration policy. Lots of people apply to come to Canada and there are annual quotas to be followed. If you are getting a chance to come to Canada, even if it takes longer, it's worth it.

Lets not forget that US is supposed to be a world super power. You simply cannot immigrate to US unless you are sponsored by a relative which can take up to 15 Years.

Everyone should be thankful that we even have a chance to apply to come to a country like Canada.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:24 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by beavis
Everyone should be thankful that we even have a chance to apply to come to a country like Canada.
Are you that sure CIC is monitoring this forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.