Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can you work on two different work permits?

Can you work on two different work permits?

Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:28 pm
ONI
Just Joined

ONI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you work on two different work permits?

Hello

I have being offered a position that is full time in Calgary. I would like to work over the weekend for another company on a part-time/casual basis to top up my income. Is it possible to get two separate work permits for two different employers?

Someone told me it wasn't possible as the new permit invalidates the other, I have also read somewhere that you cannot get a work permit for part time work. Then I saw this online.

http://immigrationcanada.pro/immigra...-permits-time/

It seems almost impossible to get any information from the Canadian Embassy regarding this.

Has anyone managed to get two work permits and work in both places during the same period? Would be really grateful if anyone could share light on this.

Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2014, 5:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you work on two different work permits?

Hi

Originally Posted by ONI
Hello

I have being offered a position that is full time in Calgary. I would like to work over the weekend for another company on a part-time/casual basis to top up my income. Is it possible to get two separate work permits for two different employers?

Someone told me it wasn't possible as the new permit invalidates the other, I have also read somewhere that you cannot get a work permit for part time work. Then I saw this online.

http://immigrationcanada.pro/immigra...-permits-time/

It seems almost impossible to get any information from the Canadian Embassy regarding this.

Has anyone managed to get two work permits and work in both places during the same period? Would be really grateful if anyone could share light on this.

Thanks
1. I think the poster in given link maybe whistling in the wind. If you are issued a closed work permit, it will have the statement along the lines "can only work for the above employer at the above location" So the second work permit would have the same restriction.