Wikiposts

CAN YOU TELEPHONE CIC LONDON ?

Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:42 pm
kck
Forum Regular

kck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nice
Default CAN YOU TELEPHONE CIC LONDON ?

HI,
IS IT POSSIBLE TO CALL THEM !!!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN YOU TELEPHONE CIC LONDON ?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think you can call them (at extortionate cost), but you'll just get recorded messages. Don't think you can speak to an actual person but I've never tried so somebody may correct me.

And can you please turn your caps lock off. Capital letters is considering 'shouting' in forum netiquette! Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:54 pm
kck
Forum Regular

kck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nicekck is just really nice

Hi,

Thank you for that, sorry about the caps.
I have tried called but like you said just a automated voice.
Just hoped someone had found a number that has a human at the other end.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sure you could try BUT considering how they professionally ignore urgent emails and fax messages I doubt, as others have put it, you would get someone to talk to.

Originally Posted by kck
HI,
IS IT POSSIBLE TO CALL THEM !!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

reggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Im sure you could try BUT considering how they professionally ignore urgent emails and fax messages I doubt, as others have put it, you would get someone to talk to.
I sent an email last year to make query re: my daughter's passport. There was no reply. I was sitting at home one day and got a call from CHC - London re: my query. The lady was so nice. My query was answered, my mind put at ease and get to have a little chit chat with her. Well done.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Lucky You: 'nice chit chat with her'.

Originally Posted by reggaeprincess
I sent an email last year to make query re: my daughter's passport. There was no reply. I was sitting at home one day and got a call from CHC - London re: my query. The lady was so nice. My query was answered, my mind put at ease and get to have a little chit chat with her. Well done.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:46 am
kck
Forum Regular

Thank you, I know of no other person that has spoken to CIC London, so that gives some hope.
You did not get the telephone number that they called from ?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

reggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant futurereggaeprincess has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kck
Thank you, I know of no other person that has spoken to CIC London, so that gives some hope.
It was foolish of me not to get the number. But, I didn't know it would have been so difficult to get through to them. That number could be useful to me now.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:20 am
kck
Forum Regular

Thank you for the reply.
I guess I would have been as surprised as you were and getting the number would have never entered my head.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

I phoned CIC London and tried every automated number they gave. At last a voice told me to press 0 if I wanted to speak with an operator. I did and waited half an hour only to be put back onto the automated loop.

So I don't think you can speak to a real live person.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

I've actually managed to speak to a real flesh-and-blood person at CHC London. It did take a few attempts... However, I was told that they don't answer questions either on general matters or about specific cases over the phone as those that answer the phones are not immigration officers. And no, they won't bring one to the phone. Basically, if you need to make contact that might stimulate a response you'll have to use either email, snail-mail or fax.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you sure you didnt speak to Eliza there? She must be the one taking the calls.

Originally Posted by zednought
I've actually managed to speak to a real flesh-and-blood person at CHC London. It did take a few attempts... However, I was told that they don't answer questions either on general matters or about specific cases over the phone as those that answer the phones are not immigration officers. And no, they won't bring one to the phone. Basically, if you need to make contact that might stimulate a response you'll have to use either email, snail-mail or fax.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:25 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kck
They used to be easy to get on the phone, but guess they ended up getting so many calls that they could not get any work done. We managed to speak to the case officer a couple of times and they we exceptionally helpful, that was a long time ago though.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:09 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kck

i have spoken to CIC....TWICE.....they rang me; two different people and we had a lovely 'chit-chat' too......i pressed the 1471 option after each call, so got the number (both times, same number)....however, when you ring it, it's either an automated message, a fax line, or it just endlessly rings.......tried at all sorts of time across the days but no success, ever!!!!

they do eventually reply to an email.....they state 28 days for replies....i have had replies within and outside that time frame and several emails never replied to.....funnily enough, they are the ones where i'm requesting some of my overpaid money back from them!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:56 pm
kck
Forum Regular

Thank you all.
Well I guess it really is a waiting game. I have emailed my laywer to see if he will get in touch with them and see what is happening. My daughter called from Ottawa to say that the lawyer called her saying that CIC London says that they are waiting for my Australian police certificate, both my husband's & mine were sent together, have his but lost mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.