Can you help/advise

Old May 24th 2006, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

paul + niki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you help/advise

Hello folks,
Such a numbty I have posted two threads on the lifestyle section about immigration, not realising there was an immigration forum, serves me right for not scrolling down!
Anyway we are a 30 something couple hoping to jump ship for the warm, sunny shores of Canada!
Have looked at loads of websites and would gratefully accept any advice/info about the PNP scheme or any other legal way of getting there quicker, as I am too chubby to hide in the gas tank of a container truck.

Thanks for looking.

Regards, Paul
Old May 24th 2006, 9:16 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you help/advise

The best place to start your research is the official website of Canadian government here:

www.cic.gc.ca

PNP programs are not always faster - most applicants are rather shocked finding out how long it may take or that they are not approved. You need to remember that most PNP's require pre-arranged employment and some also solid ties to nominating Province. All PNP's combined have less than 3,000 (plus about 4,000 under Quebec's own program) selection certificates available per year and most of the are gone in first few months of each year.

If you have solid, acceptable and approved job offer and are lucky to get into current year of selection certificates then you may expect anywhere from 3 to 12 months for PNP stage and then anywhere between 8 months and few years for PR visa application process. So, it is not as fast as you may think, even if you are lucky.

There are options to come to Canada on work permit while waiting for conclusion of PR visa application process - this is the fastest way to come to Canada legally and work here without worrying about timeline of PR process.

Originally Posted by paul + niki
Hello folks,
Such a numbty I have posted two threads on the lifestyle section about immigration, not realising there was an immigration forum, serves me right for not scrolling down!
Anyway we are a 30 something couple hoping to jump ship for the warm, sunny shores of Canada!
Have looked at loads of websites and would gratefully accept any advice/info about the PNP scheme or any other legal way of getting there quicker, as I am too chubby to hide in the gas tank of a container truck.

Thanks for looking.

Regards, Paul