Can you help ?

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Can you help ?

Im off to Canada in May and have a few questions please as its getting ever closer (having booked the trip last May)

1 - Passport requests - I still havn't received it but should be any day now.
Can I take my passports in person to London and get them done on tha day?

2 - Landing - Ill be landing in Vancouver, any tips to save me time going through the process would be much appreciated.

I will be staying for 4 weeks and returning to the UK with no future date to move over (ie its a recie trip) is it ok to tell them this?

My in-laws are coming with us (who arnt emigrating) Can they look after my children while my wife and I are going through customs or will the 4 of us all need to be in there?

Proof of funds - Im not sure we can show our money in savings. Whats the best way to show them we actually do have funds behind us ie house / shares/ cash / investments.

Items to follow - After reading some of things i could find, can we take matresses? and does anybody know if there is some kind of template to copy?

Sorry for all the questions, just been waiting so long to go that im getting a little nervous ill forget something.

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:29 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you help ?

Originally Posted by kevinm
Im off to Canada in May and have a few questions please as its getting ever closer (having booked the trip last May)

1 - Passport requests - I still havn't received it but should be any day now.
Can I take my passports in person to London and get them done on tha day?

I dont think so you can drop off and collect 2 weeks later

2 - Landing - Ill be landing in Vancouver, any tips to save me time going through the process would be much appreciated.

Be prepared

I will be staying for 4 weeks and returning to the UK with no future date to move over (ie its a recie trip) is it ok to tell them this?

yes

My in-laws are coming with us (who arnt emigrating) Can they look after my children while my wife and I are going through customs or will the 4 of us all need to be in there?

you will all be directed to a different area for landing, your in laws will have to wait for you all

Proof of funds - Im not sure we can show our money in savings. Whats the best way to show them we actually do have funds behind us ie house / shares/ cash / investments.

try a search for proof of funds, lots of threads, the official line is you are supposed to show unencumbered funds , that are immediately accessible, but some have shown house valuations mortgage statements etc to show equity and have been fine a big majority dont get asked at all but it all depends on the immigration officer

Items to follow - After reading some of things i could find, can we take matresses? and does anybody know if there is some kind of template to copy?

you can take a mattress

Sorry for all the questions, just been waiting so long to go that im getting a little nervous ill forget something.
Here is some more info

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Mattre...igation-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow

Hope this helps

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can you help ?

[/QUOTE]

Thankyou for the links