Can we still get in?

Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Can we still get in?

Me and my partner are really really wanting to live in Canada, but neither of us have a skilled worker job. He is a security guard and I am a civil servant. However we are both training to become an athletic/running coach.
What are our chances of being allowed to stay?
And what is the best visa to apply for?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:58 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we still get in?

Originally Posted by Bertie41
Me and my partner are really really wanting to live in Canada, but neither of us have a skilled worker job. He is a security guard and I am a civil servant. However we are both training to become an athletic/running coach.
By being allowed to stay, you mean you are coming anyway and see what happens?

Without a job offer, chances of getting in are slim to none. This is what you need to get in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...structions.asp

For self employed coach route you need experience and to have been self employed before http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Looks like it will not be easy. Try and get a job offer, unless you have relatives in AB or are under 30 and can apply for Bunac.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold

We are planning to come over for a reckie visit and to see how easy it would be for a job offer, dont worry we do intend to go home again and apply from there, however the job offer/being in the wrong country is not helpful.

We wouldnt go down the self employed route for the coaching, that is just a passion we have but thought it would be useful to our case as we would bring 2 x fit healthy people who want to share their skills.

We would be looking for simple jobs just to pay the bills so we can spend most of our time on the running/coaching plan.

Do you think this is possible? or have we totally created a massive pipedream? :-(
Old Jul 25th 2010, 4:47 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think this is possible? or have we totally created a massive pipedream?
Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. Everyone who is let in is fit and healthy, that is why they there is a medical.

Problem with 'simple jobs' is there is no shortage of Canadians to do them (for the most part). An employer has to try and find Canadian residents to do the job first and prove they have done so. A lot of work for an unskilled job.

If you are under 30 Bunac is your best option.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 5:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Need more info than that to be able to tell you which visa may suit - how old are you both, how much net worth do you have, would either of your be prepared to study, do you have any relatives in Canada, which province do you want to go to etc?

There are over 50 routes to a visa so there's bound to be one suitable for you, but you may need to consider different routes rather than the usual Skilled Worker etc.

And welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

We are 45 and 35
we have a house in UK we would sell towards a house in Canada
we would both be prepared to study
We want to go to Ottawa
No rellies im afraid :-(

I understand we cant do the skilled worker route but i am so confused about the others and cant work out what would be good for us.

And thank you for the welcome :-)
Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

allpeopleunite is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing that I just wanted to mention in case you weren't aware, is that Federal Skilled Worker program in Canada requires you to have a certain level of funds at your disposal, the rate currently stands at 13,801$, or 8,941 sterling for two people.