Can we marry in Canadian embassy?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

yesabc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can we marry in Canadian embassy?

hi
i have question regarding marriage.
Can my partner and i go to Canadian embassy and ask for getting marry under Canadian law espically both of us do not have a spouse or partner.
we already applied for immigration under common law.
thank you
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:06 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can we marry in Canadian embassy?

Originally Posted by yesabc
hi
Can my partner and i go to Canadian embassy and ask for getting marry under Canadian law espically both of us do not have a spouse or partner.
thank you
Where are you based now? Go to Marriage Registry, take her divorce certificate and arrange to re-marry properly, then all your problems will be over.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

We are living abroad in Asian country and i want our marriage to be under CANADIAN LAW, CAN WE GO TO CANADIAN EMBASSY ASKING FOR MARRIAGE THERE?.
THANK YOU
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

We are living abroad in Asian country and i want our marriage to be under CANADIAN LAW, CAN WE GO TO CANADIAN EMBASSY ASKING FOR MARRIAGE THERE?.
THANK YOU
Hi,

I don't fully understand your situation but I noticed you are Egyptian and I saw this about marriages on the Cairo website - does any of this help explain why what has happened has happened? Did you get one of these affidavits from the embassy?

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/cairo/consul2-en.asp --- scroll right down to the "Marriages" section.

Hope that helps.

Biiiiink
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I am not living in Egypt, You misunderstand it.
Anyway, Thank you.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

hi
thank you
Sorry. You cannot marry in the Canadian embassy.