Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

can visit while we are waiting for the sponsorship approval letter?

can visit while we are waiting for the sponsorship approval letter?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

amante is an unknown quantity at this point
Question can visit while we are waiting for the sponsorship approval letter?

Hi

I am wondering if my spouse can visit me here while we are in process of our outside sponsorship application or not.

and what will she must bring if she can visit me here for a while? such like money or what else?

Thanks very much

cheers
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:21 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can visit while we are waiting for the sponsorship approval letter?

Originally Posted by amante
Hi

I am wondering if my spouse can visit me here while we are in process of our outside sponsorship application or not.

and what will she must bring if she can visit me here for a while? such like money or what else?

Thanks very much

cheers
If your wife iis from a visa-free country then it should be OK. She should be honest at the port of entry about her reasons for visiting and her application for PR as a sponsored spouse. If she would need a visa to visit then she will have troubles getting one unfortunatelu.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

My spouse is from taiwan so she must have a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.

what will the trouble be if she needs a visa?!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 3:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

My spouse is from taiwan so she must have a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.

The visa office will be concerned about whether your spouse will leave Canada at the end of her allowed time as a visitor. She would be expected to have a strong desire to remain in Canada regardless of immigration regulations.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:07 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

I got refused when i tried that frm New Delhi! I wanted to go with my wife, after we got married!! the visa officer didnt accept my case!
when i had the interview fr spousal sponsorship, though this didnt bother the visa officer, she did ask me in a cursory way as to why did i get refused?
I told her the reason and she said that a temporary visa is not granted until the immigrant visa is sought!
so, i really dont think that people from visa countries are given the temporary visa, unless there are unavoidable circumstances, when the visa officers know that they have a strong reason to over-stay in canada..
but anyways, she can try! if not, that wont affect her PR chances!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

what about the visitor visa?

hi AMy

Thanks for telling about that.... We can give it a try to get a visitor visa.....
if it is rejected/refused, only a best way to go back to visit my spouse living.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:53 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

what about the visitor visa?

hi AMy

Thanks for telling about that.... We can give it a try to get a visitor visa.....
if it is rejected/refused, only a best way to go back to visit my spouse living.
true mate!! just give it a try! the worst scenario can be that she will get refused? that will not be a problem fr her in getting the PR visa! so, u can always hope fr the best..
cheers
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by amancharan
true mate!! just give it a try! the worst scenario can be that she will get refused? that will not be a problem fr her in getting the PR visa! so, u can always hope fr the best..
cheers
If she does not apply then she will certainly not get a visa and it does no harm to the PR application.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

so then can't apply the visa is a better way for no harming our application?

missing my spouse too much.... :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:00 pm

so then can't apply the visa is a better way for no harming our application?

missing my spouse too much.... :scared:
Actually I meant that if she applies for a TRV it will not harm her PR application, no matter the outcome of the TRV application. I meant she should apply if you want her to visit you.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ohhhh I get it. Sorry for making a mistake about what u have said.

Won't it harm/affect our sponsorship application in the process if she is going to apply a visa for visiting me ? will it also make the visa officer feel wondering when she gets the port of entry at the YVR airport?

Thanks very much
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:35 pm

Ohhhh I get it. Sorry for making a mistake about what u have said.

Won't it harm/affect our sponsorship application in the process if she is going to apply a visa for visiting me ? will it also make the visa officer feel wondering when she gets the port of entry at the YVR airport?

Thanks very much
It will not harm the PR application unless she gets the visa and then overstays her visit. If the TRV is refused it will not affect the PR application.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for saying that clearly.

THe overstay means the expired date from the visa, right? not from the return date of the air ticket?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:49 am

Thanks for saying that clearly.

THe overstay means the expired date from the visa, right? not from the return date of the air ticket?
It would mean any time she remained in Canada after her allowed period of stay as determined at the port of entry.