Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can Spousal Sponsorship and LMO process be submitted at the same time?

Can Spousal Sponsorship and LMO process be submitted at the same time?

Old Jul 24th 2010, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Spousal Sponsorship and LMO process be submitted at the same time?

Hi,

I am currently applying for PR through spousal sponsorship (SS). Our application should be in London UK as we had my wifes sponsor application approved 5th July.

I am currently in Canada on a visitors status. I have had a couple of interviews with respective employers through some networking I have been doing in the event I gain PR. I am getting the impression one employer is very keen who also knows I do not have a WP and that we are awaiting my PR approval.

If I was to be offered a job and the employer was to go through the LMO process, is there any impact on the process currently undertaken for the PR through SS or are they treated as 2 seperate process's?
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Spousal Sponsorship and LMO process be submitted at the same time?

Originally Posted by u952460
Hi,

I am currently applying for PR through spousal sponsorship (SS). Our application should be in London UK as we had my wifes sponsor application approved 5th July.

I am currently in Canada on a visitors status. I have had a couple of interviews with respective employers through some networking I have been doing in the event I gain PR. I am getting the impression one employer is very keen who also knows I do not have a WP and that we are awaiting my PR approval.

If I was to be offered a job and the employer was to go through the LMO process, is there any impact on the process currently undertaken for the PR through SS or are they treated as 2 seperate process's?
Surely it's easier and more cost effective for you both to just wait an approximate couple of months for your Spousal PR to come through?

Not sure of the impact if you decide, and the employer is able to, go the LMO route.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Can Spousal Sponsorship and LMO process be submitted at the same time?

Agreed, but that is obviously presuming that my SS is a simple case and immigration have no issues with it (there is no reason to think that they will) and the timeframe involved is only a couple of months which seems to be the norm from what I have witnessed on this forum.

The employers are aware of this process, I also met with HR in the same day there too and they said without a WP I wont be able to work. I have now been called back to a further meeting with the employer where HR again will be present and I am thinking that they may offer to go through the LMO in order to expediate me into the company rather than waiting the undefined amount of time for the SS to come through.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Remember that your LMO may take just as long. And tack on time to apply for and get your TWP (unless you do a flagpole run.)

Your PR may come through quicker than your TWP.

What are the chances of your LMO being approved? Has the job been advertised and can they prove that there are no Canadian citizens or PR's that are willing/able to do the job?
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Waltzing Matilda
Remember that your LMO may take just as long. And tack on time to apply for and get your TWP (unless you do a flagpole run.)

Your PR may come through quicker than your TWP.

What are the chances of your LMO being approved? Has the job been advertised and can they prove that there are no Canadian citizens or PR's that are willing/able to do the job?
I am not certain to be honest. After my initial interview the employer ask me to keep them updated on the progression of my SS. As I said they have now called me in next week to discuss my immigration situation. From what I know my chances of the LMO being approved would be quite good. I have currently 2 companies courting me but they cannot take me on without the WP. This leads me to think they would be willing to go through the LMO process.

Until I meet with them next week I wont know for sure what there intentions are. I am of the thinking that waiting for the PR is the best option but I want to be able to go into the meeting with enough answers and understanding of the process incase they do offer another option..
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Well what ever you decided to do, good luck! I'm sure your PR will be through in no time. It's good to know that you may have a job as soon as you get your visa.