Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAN SOMEONE ADVISE OF A GOOD IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN TORONTO PLS.

CAN SOMEONE ADVISE OF A GOOD IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN TORONTO PLS.

Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

enzodino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAN SOMEONE ADVISE OF A GOOD IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN TORONTO PLS.

I am here on a spousal visa and my girlfriend and I have fallen out. She has locked me out of the appartment and is going to revoke the spousal visa ( she is sponsored by her company, i am the spouse) I am worried i will loose my job etc. so i need to speak with a lawyer asap and try to get my work permit changed so she can't kick me out of the country and basically take my job away. Thanks!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future
Default Re: CAN SOMEONE ADVISE OF A GOOD IMMIGRATION LAWYER IN TORONTO PLS.

Maybe buy her some flowers....could be cheaper than a lawyer
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank's for making light of what is quite a serious situation. I am in the process of loosing my job and getting kicked out of the country. If you have any constructive advice, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by enzodino
Thank's for making light of what is quite a serious situation. I am in the process of loosing my job and getting kicked out of the country. If you have any constructive advice, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.
Maybe look in the phonebook?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Maybe look in the phonebook?

I have a list of around 100 lawyers and have spoken to a few, but some a re alittle sketchy about how they can help etc. and consultations aren't cheap. I thought someone may know of a lawyer or have used one they can reccomend or perhaps one who is skilled in this area..
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have a list of around 100 lawyers and have spoken to a few, but some a re alittle sketchy about how they can help etc. and consultations aren't cheap. I thought someone may know of a lawyer or have used one they can reccomend or perhaps one who is skilled in this area..
Try Andrew Miller who helps a lot of people on this forum - I think he's based in BC, and he seems to know his stuff. I think you can search under his name & PM him.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou I will give him a call.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

teamsal is an unknown quantity at this point

my brothers an immigration lawyer in toronto, he may be able to help,

[email protected]

tel:4167730309 ext 223 (Naser Iqbal).

hope you can get sorted.

teamsal
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to Rosenblatt & Associates when I was over last year. They seem good. A friend of mine works at Metro magazine and they enlist an immigration lawyer writing columns for them. His columns are in the paper on mondays (and on their website).

I would also speak with a lawyer about her locking you out and if she is in legal rights to do that.

Good luck.

Last edited by YYZlover; Jun 25th 2007 at 10:11 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:04 pm
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future

I am here on a spousal visa and my girlfriend and I have fallen out. She has locked me out of the appartment and is going to revoke the spousal visa ( she is sponsored by her company, i am the spouse) I am worried i will loose my job etc. so i need to speak with a lawyer asap and try to get my work permit changed so she can't kick me out of the country and basically take my job away. Thanks!!
Hi, we are using a layer in Toronto for our immigration, ABRAMS & KROCHAK , 250 MERTON STREET, SUITE 402, TORONTO, ONTARIO M4S 1B1
Hope this helps, good luck
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Wortley`s
Hi, we are using a layer in Toronto for our immigration, ABRAMS & KROCHAK , 250 MERTON STREET, SUITE 402, TORONTO, ONTARIO M4S 1B1
Hope this helps, good luck
I second Abrams & Krochak, as I have used them for my application...my friends who are now in Canada used them about 6 years ago when they emigrated.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you

Brian
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:22 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope everything works out for you finger and toes crossed GOOD LUCK
kate