Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAN PASSPORTS BE STAMPED IN 1 DAY?

CAN PASSPORTS BE STAMPED IN 1 DAY?

Old May 18th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice
Default CAN PASSPORTS BE STAMPED IN 1 DAY?

I'm sure I've seen posts on this site from people who have taken their passports to CIC in London and got them stamped in a day when they have received the passport request form. In a dilemma because OH has got 3 long haul business trips planned for the month of June (and a 2 week holiday booked) and hope to be going out early July and don't know when we can fit in the 2 week waiting for stamp. Can anyone help clarify - is it possible to arrive at CIC London and get it turned around in a day?

background: AOR: 3 Feb 2005; meds 1 April 07; positive LMO and meds sent 3May 07; bankers draft returned (wrong amount) 12 May 07; new one received by CIC 16 May 2007.
Old May 18th 2007, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN PASSPORTS BE STAMPED IN 1 DAY?

Originally Posted by fedupwithwaiting
I'm sure I've seen posts on this site from people who have taken their passports to CIC in London and got them stamped in a day when they have received the passport request form. In a dilemma because OH has got 3 long haul business trips planned for the month of June (and a 2 week holiday booked) and hope to be going out early July and don't know when we can fit in the 2 week waiting for stamp. Can anyone help clarify - is it possible to arrive at CIC London and get it turned around in a day?

background: AOR: 3 Feb 2005; meds 1 April 07; positive LMO and meds sent 3May 07; bankers draft returned (wrong amount) 12 May 07; new one received by CIC 16 May 2007.
Yeah - try a search for Nova Boy as he did this 2 weeks ago
Old May 18th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
cheers Burton Bunch
Old May 18th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Can you please post the answer as well?
Old May 18th 2007, 11:26 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

From when I did mine I had to wait 15 days before going to CIC. They only open on Thursdays 2-3pm for people to drop and collect passport. So if you drop it in on one thursday you go back in 2 weeks to collect. I never heard about a 1 day turn around before.
Old May 18th 2007, 11:30 am
Living the Life at Last

iambof is on a distinguished road

Same here.
1 day turnaruond doesn't exist. Jokers.
It's up to 6 weeks if posted and 2 weeks if hand delivered.
Delivered ours yesterday and going back on the 31st to pick them back up along with the elusive visas. Woohoo!
Old May 18th 2007, 1:24 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iambof
Same here.
1 day turnaruond doesn't exist. Jokers.
It's up to 6 weeks if posted and 2 weeks if hand delivered.
Delivered ours yesterday and going back on the 31st to pick them back up along with the elusive visas. Woohoo!
Not true. Our was, and I can prove it. See previous posts for details. They even telephoned us to say Meds OK, and you can drop by tomorrow. They also said come to front door rather than side entrance, where evryone has to queue.

Not entirely sure why the case officer was quite so hepful - but he was, and it can be done.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wiggs1034
Not true. Our was, and I can prove it. See previous posts for details. They even telephoned us to say Meds OK, and you can drop by tomorrow. They also said come to front door rather than side entrance, where evryone has to queue.

Not entirely sure why the case officer was quite so hepful - but he was, and it can be done.
Blimey!

Presumably they haven't told anyone about the secret tunnel either?

Secret Simon
Old May 18th 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thank goodness you've replied to me thank you so much I knew I could remember reading about you before and you were so helpful before on the LMO letter.

This gives us real hope that they are not stuck to 2 week turnaround and that in exceptional circumstances they can pull their finger out. The problem is that OH is flying to Egypt, Australia, Washington and Portugal all before 3rd July!!!!! When were we supposed to get visa in passport with a travel itinery like that!!! This is good news and thanks once again for replying so promptly.

cheers x
Old May 18th 2007, 3:32 pm
Living the Life at Last

iambof is on a distinguished road

Hmm.... I see by your timeline you've gone for TWP not PR. Obviously it could be different for that but for PR visas it's as I said before. 2 weeks (10 working days) is the quickest for PR visas.
Old May 18th 2007, 3:37 pm
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Gaynor, Think Novaboy dropped passports off and then returned two wks later seem to remember him going via bus at night. We are talking about Visa being issued in passport rather than something being stamped?? Or am I just
Old May 18th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

I e-amiled them and asked this, as my PPR turned up 1 week before i was flying out to YVR on a long pre-booked holiday.

I got a very nice e-mail reply from them within 48 hours, they said they understood, etc, but No. And they looked forward to receiveing my passport after i returned.
Old May 19th 2007, 4:19 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iambof
Hmm.... I see by your timeline you've gone for TWP not PR. Obviously it could be different for that but for PR visas it's as I said before. 2 weeks (10 working days) is the quickest for PR visas.
Nope, if you read my timeline and previous posts correctly you will see that we applied for PR with an AOR of Feb 2005. Much later we then applied for TWP in Jan 2007, but just a few days later we received medical request for PR, and then passort request for PR by telephone in response to an email I sent. They also refunded the TWP as it was no longer necessary. Our new PR Cards arrived in the post just last week.

I repeat it CAN be done - if the Case Officer is prepared to. He phoned me on the Tuesday, I dropped the passport off at 8.00am on the Wednesday and collected at 1.00pm the same day - all proper PR visas for the whole family.

It is not a common occrance (judging by these boards) but it is possible. As I have said before CHC were nothing less than amazingly helpful to us.

Maybe it was luck, maybe it was my wife's nursing job offer, maybe it was the way I presented all the information to them.... I guess we will never know. All I know is we have been here since April and are loving it.