Wikiposts

can my wife stay at home

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:56 am
Just Joined

paul29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can my wife stay at home

when i move to canada under the pnp will my wife be able to stay at home untill she is able to get a work permit once i have been nominated by the province
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can my wife stay at home

Originally Posted by paul29
when i move to canada under the pnp will my wife be able to stay at home untill she is able to get a work permit once i have been nominated by the province

Bit confused - what do you mean by 'move to Canada under the PNP'?? Presumably you are going to Canada on a TWP? And then I'm assuming your plan is to apply for PR via PNP at a later date?

Also, what is your occupation? In most cases, a TWP will give your spouse an open work permit as well - but it does depend on your line of work, hence why I asked. If your occupation is listed in Skill Level A, O or B on the NOC list then she will get a work permit if she applies.

Hope that helps a bit!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:35 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. But, if you belong to Skill Level 0, A or B on the National Occupational Classification Matrix, your wife will be entitled to a Spousal Open Work Permit.
x
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:39 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Bit confused - what do you mean by 'move to Canada under the PNP'?? Presumably you are going to Canada on a TWP? And then I'm assuming your plan is to apply for PR via PNP at a later date?

Also, what is your occupation? In most cases, a TWP will give your spouse an open work permit as well - but it does depend on your line of work, hence why I asked. If your occupation is listed in Skill Level A, O or B on the NOC list then she will get a work permit if she applies.

Hope that helps a bit!
I didn't see your response when I replied to Paul.

I think he was referring to the fact that a person can get a temporary work permit once they have been approved for PNP at the provincial level and while they're waiting for CIC to approve their PR application.

In a case like that, an approval letter from the province takes the place of the usual Labour Market Opinion that's required for a temporary work permit.

The differences between the two processes are explained in the Wiki called Work Permit versus PNP.
x
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

I think he was referring to the fact that a person can get a temporary work permit once they have been approved for PNP at the provincial level and while they're waiting for CIC to approve their PR application.

In a case like that, an approval letter from the province takes the place of the usual Labour Market Opinion that's required for a temporary work permit.

The differences between the two processes are explained in the Wiki called Work Permit versus PNP.
x
sorry didnt explain very well i am moving over on a twp as a long haul truck driver then going through pnp
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

x
sorry, am coming over as a long haul truck driver
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

sorry, am coming over as a long haul truck driver
No you wife cannot get an open work permit as the skill level for your job is not A,B or O. So until you get the PNP certificate, she gets to sit at home and eat bon bons.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

i liked the title of this thread , i was hoping someone buggered off to Canada and didn't tell the wife.

its got me thinking , im just nipping out for the paper dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:19 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by edinburgh
i liked the title of this thread , i was hoping someone buggered off to Canada and didn't tell the wife.

Thats exactly what I thought are we in the minority
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

how about i leave mine here , we see how angry she gets and if i get away with it , you go for it

we can meet for a beer and silence in canada?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:00 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Sounds like a plan!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: can my wife stay at home

Naughty boys!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:36 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Talking Re: can my wife stay at home

You're both ver naughty - I hope your wives aren't reading this - you could end up in BIG trouble.....
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

shhhh she is sleeping, i explained i have gone to the shops ,all my bags are in the car , recon i can get to Calgary before she wakes up.

the wedding band may have properties similar to the ring in the" lord of the the rings", so i need support through this time which i hope to find in a local bar.!!!!!!! wish me luck
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:53 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Talking Re: can my wife stay at home

shhhh she is sleeping, i explained i have gone to the shops ,all my bags are in the car , recon i can get to Calgary before she wakes up.

the wedding band may have properties similar to the ring in the" lord of the the rings", so i need support through this time which i hope to find in a local bar.!!!!!!! wish me luck
Does that mean you're gonna get ring wraiths coming after you then? Be careful they might get you

In that case I'll wish you luck then.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.