Can My Daughter Stay?

Old Jun 7th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Question Can My Daughter Stay?

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question.

I am here under the governments care giver programe and my daughter has just come here on a vacation. I am applying for my PR in august as this is when i have completed my 24 months employment. I know i can place my children on my application but she really is desperate to stay. She is due to fly back on thursday and she is crying as she does not want to go. It is breaking my heart but i have told her it will only be for a short while. She is nearly 20 and at first when i was moving she was your typical teenager and did not want to come out here.
I just wondered if anyone knew what i could do(if anything) to keep her here.

Or does she have to be in the UK when the application is going through. I know she could stay for six months but we are trying to do this as best we can and not to rock the boat in anyway.

many thanks
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can My Daughter Stay?

You may apply for extension of stay as visitor for her.

Originally Posted by babyblue

I am here under the governments care giver programe and my daughter has just come here on a vacation. I am applying for my PR in august as this is when i have completed my 24 months employment. I know i can place my children on my application but she really is desperate to stay. She is due to fly back on thursday and she is crying as she does not want to go. It is breaking my heart but i have told her it will only be for a short while. She is nearly 20 and at first when i was moving she was your typical teenager and did not want to come out here.

Or does she have to be in the UK when the application is going through. I know she could stay for six months but we are trying to do this as best we can and not to rock the boat in anyway.

many thanks
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

many thanks
I hope your daugther is full time student since reaching 18 years of age otherwsie she could not be consider your dependent for immigration purpose.

Why not enrol her in a school in Canada and get her stay on student permit?

Anyway Andrew could advice you better, as he is very good kind professional.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:10 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Dependency age has been raised to 22 from 18, so children under 22, financially dependent from parents and unmarried are still dependants.

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
I hope your daugther is full time student since reaching 18 years of age otherwsie she could not be consider your dependent for immigration purpose.

Why not enrol her in a school in Canada and get her stay on student permit?

Anyway Andrew could advice you better, as he is very good kind professional.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys for the support. My daughter is flying back to the UK today and she has been crying no end. I am trying so hard to be strong and to keep her positive. As a parent it is breaking my heart but i told her it wont be long and to work on things her end.
She is considering a study course here but and advice would be appreciated. It just frustrates me that i came here to care for a very sick disabled child and his siblings and yet i could not have my own children with me. The care givers programe does not allow it. When others seem to flood in and get everything. If you know what i mean.We are british for gods sake and it just angers me. I did not have enough points to come under immagration rules so i had to try a different method. My son is here and staying with my mother! He was allowed an extended visitors visa to go to school but my daughter is more complex because she is 19 nearly 20. She is not in college back in the UK and i am not sure if she should give up her job and sign up for a course or carry on as she is.
She has friends back there but her family are here. I just feel so frustrated. I wokr hard doing a job that no canadian would do becuase of the hours and poor pay and yet my family has to be split until paperwork is done. I am not here sponging of the government and have no intentions of doing so.

anyway many thanks and any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:23 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys for the support. My daughter is flying back to the UK today and she has been crying no end. I am trying so hard to be strong and to keep her positive. As a parent it is breaking my heart but i told her it wont be long and to work on things her end.
She is considering a study course here but and advice would be appreciated. It just frustrates me that i came here to care for a very sick disabled child and his siblings and yet i could not have my own children with me. The care givers programe does not allow it. When others seem to flood in and get everything. If you know what i mean.We are british for gods sake and it just angers me. I did not have enough points to come under immagration rules so i had to try a different method. My son is here and staying with my mother! He was allowed an extended visitors visa to go to school but my daughter is more complex because she is 19 nearly 20. She is not in college back in the UK and i am not sure if she should give up her job and sign up for a course or carry on as she is.
She has friends back there but her family are here. I just feel so frustrated. I wokr hard doing a job that no canadian would do becuase of the hours and poor pay and yet my family has to be split until paperwork is done. I am not here sponging of the government and have no intentions of doing so.

Hi Babyblue,
You sure go through it! Hang on in there becuase the cream allways rises to the top....even if it takes ages. It WILL come good for you.
It sounds like the job you are doing will help you get a PR more quickly....have you got the advice you need for the application. The sooner you get that PR then your dependants can be with you. Your daughter is British right....so can't she keep visiting for 6 months at a time. I guess the money is the problem as she can't work in Canada...right?
Wish I could help..

Mr Miller please see her right if she needs you!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

Which province are you here in Canada and what course is she interested??

Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redwings
Which province are you here in Canada and what course is she interested??
HI THERE
I live in ontario.
She is working for an agency. Nursing care,disabled care. She has years of experience with disablility also from her own sister that passed away three years ago. When i left for canada she was at college and living with my aunt. She then did the teenage thing and moved in with a boyfriend. That didn't last and she asked for some help to set up on her own. She was unable to get any. This angers me as she really was trying to support herself through college. If she had gotten herself pregnant then the government would help her. where is the sense in that? so she gave up the college in order to work and support herself. We have always been close and this is tough for all of us.
She has confidence to work with disability and has basic education now. I was upset when she gave up college but i iaso understood why she did it.

i have tried to help her finacially but my wage is poor right now. and if i could support her living whilst she attended college then i would in a heartbeat. But she has to live as well.

it just eats me up inside and i can't wait to have her here for good.
many thanks for the support.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crispie
Hi Babyblue,
You sure go through it! Hang on in there becuase the cream allways rises to the top....even if it takes ages. It WILL come good for you.
It sounds like the job you are doing will help you get a PR more quickly....have you got the advice you need for the application. The sooner you get that PR then your dependants can be with you. Your daughter is British right....so can't she keep visiting for 6 months at a time. I guess the money is the problem as she can't work in Canada...right?
Wish I could help..

Mr Miller please see her right if she needs you!
Yes i am going through it. Thanks for caring!
I have all the paperwork and i am trying to gather the docs ready for the application to go in. There are things that can't be done just yet as immagration have to notify you about medicals and police certificates. She is going to try and get things organised her end.Yes my daugther is british. You are right about the six months but i could not afford to support her in this time. She would not be able to work and this is tough.
I just feel lost with out her. She was the typical head strong teenager when i left and she wanted me to go and she was more than happy at the time. I do appreciate any support.
i thnk i need the threapy right now!
many thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:41 am
ktp
Just Joined

ktp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I know it's not a long term solution and I think all the visas have gone for this year, so nothing could be done until next year, but have you thought about looking into a year working visa from Bunac.

They have now opened it up so that anyone under 35 can apply. Not sure how that would affect your PR application, but it would be worth a thought.

I can highly recommend it, as I did it after finishing Uni and had the best time, it helped me make my mind up and I am now applying for my PR.

I think the website is www.bunac.co.uk

Hope this helps and I hope everthing works out for you.

Katy